No announcement yet.
X

jackets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i can go by the chart provided by them?? if thats the case i'll place the order like that, im just concerned with the jacket being too short or tight...i really liked that jacket (ICON ACCELERANT)...if its not too much to ask, go check it out (www.metricbikes-superstore.com/icon35.php) and let me know if its a good and safe jacket...thanks in advance....

Comment

I have a Tecnik Jacket and my buddy has the same one, he went down from a deer at around 30-35 and the jacket took most of the brunt. There is wear on the elbow and shoulders, none of it is near going through tho. He did get a little rash on his kidney area but that was due to the jacket and shit lifting up from the way he slid. I think it is the 'Freestyle' jacket.....

Comment

Jacket didn't have a button loop in the back to clip to a belt ? My Teknic has that and a zipper .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by katana28
          so i can go by the chart provided by them?? if thats the case i'll place the order like that, im just concerned with the jacket being too short or tight...i really liked that jacket (ICON ACCELERANT)...if its not too much to ask, go check it out (www.metricbikes-superstore.com/icon35.php) and let me know if its a good and safe jacket...thanks in advance....
          It looks nice. Based on the specs is looks to be offer decent protection as well. I trust the Icon name now that I have 4 of their products and see the quality for myself.

I am 6-0 180 and I wear the Icon XL if that helps. Their chart is true because the chart measurements for the XL were identical to the JR size Large. A lot of stores will let you exchange it if unworn and unused.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Here is the best of both worlds, and on my list for my next summer jacket. http://newenough.com/protective_appa...le_jacket.html
            It has leather where you need it and mesh where you need the ventilation.

Check it out! Ask Nero about it, I think he is wearing one of these.
            It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              I crashed in a mesh jacket . I was unimpressed with how well it DIDN'T hold up and how much rash I STILL got . So far all I've had is a minor spill in the leather one , but I wouldn't go back to mesh . Just some food for thought .
              Not to give ya a hard time MD86, but I hope that these 2 incidents were spaced a long while apart, or occured on the track. Or, I hope your getting paid to crash test motorcycle jackets.
              It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

thanks for the info...im gonna give them a call today and ask them what the return policy is and if its ok, then i'll buy it...it might not even be so bad to wear it during summer....i'll let you all know...
                carlos

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
                  Not to give ya a hard time MD86, but I hope that these 2 incidents were spaced a long while apart, or occured on the track. Or, I hope your getting paid to crash test motorcycle jackets.
                  Ok , I'll give you some histroy then .....
                  The Katana is my 3rd bike in , and I bought it in my 3rd year of riding . I bought it about 5 years ago . I'm no rookie .
                  I had a NASTY crash on the Katana about 1 week after I got it . Had on jeans , t-shirt , helmet , and work shoes . I learned a few lessons that night . 1: complacency breeds contempt . 3rd bike , 3 years of riding , had it a week , I thought I could handle my shit . 2: Riding while tired can be bad (duh ) . 3: Target fixation . It's not good , and is a TOUGH habit to break ( still working on it 5 years after the fact) . 4: Gear is good . I had none , and learned about it after the fact . Went out and bought a mesh jacket , leather gloves , riding boots , and upgraded my hat the following spring .
                  Skip to said following spring . I was riding with a friend on a popular biker route . I was following her . I saw her go down in the middle of a turn for no apparent reason , had about enough time to hit the brakes and say to myself "what the fu " , then I was sliding down the road after her . Had NO idea why . Turns out someone had dumped a gallon of paint in the road . After a slight dip . At about the turn's apex . In the shade . The paint was also maroon , and matched the road quite nicely . So yeah , we didn't stand a chance . It was an obvious booby trap , as said locals were tired of the tons of bikes making tons of noise on the way to the popular hangout . I had on a Firstgear mesh jacket , Firstgear Carbon Race leather gloves , Alpinestars Ridge boots , and my lid . The mesh jacket allowed the pads to roll and slide up my arms (may have fit a tad loose , though I had all the straps cinched all the way tight ) , so they were no help , and the mesh wore through REAL fast . I ended up with a bit of rash on my arms where I SHOULDN'T have . Had a fractured thumb , too . But that was probably because I went over the top of the bike and hit the ground pretty hard with my hand . Gloves held up great , so I decided right then to start shopping for leathers .
                  Then there's what happened recently .

BTW , I appreciate you not saying I suck at riding , and using a little tact , eh . The incidents were spaced QUITE far apart . So the next one should be due in a few years .....

Comment

Man tough luck! So how did your lady friend come out ??

Comment

I ride with a Icon Merc2
                      and feel safe and comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by Rodan
                        I ride with a Icon Merc2
                        and feel safe and comfortable
                        I'm trying mine out tomorrow
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Originally posted by mash
                          Man tough luck! So how did your lady friend come out ??
                          She actually came out of it better than I did . She had on leathers , while I had the mesh and jeans . She was of course FREAKED , being as she'd only ridden for a couple months at that point , so she had a friend ride her bike home for her and rode in the truck .

Comment

I hope that the incident did'nt scare her away from biking altogether. That would be a shame.

Comment

ok .. icon ti-maxx textile .. went down @ 60mph on the freeway ..slid 100 feet or so .. lowsided.. jacket took some damage couple of small tears and abrasions .. as mentioned by others elbow pad moved .. but considering this i came out with one silver dollar sized rash spot on my elbow... the back padding held up and cushioned the fall well personally i bought my gear 2 months before my bike... boots helmet jacket gloves ... and took the msf course which i needed all of them for.. my only gripe with icon is they fit poorly unless you have a bit of weight to you .. @ 5'9" and 145# it only fits well in the winter when i have my hoody on under it
                              so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by eviilil0ne
                                ok .. icon ti-maxx textile .. went down @ 60mph on the freeway ..slid 100 feet or so .. lowsided.. jacket took some damage couple of small tears and abrasions .. as mentioned by others elbow pad moved .. but considering this i came out with one silver dollar sized rash spot on my elbow... the back padding held up and cushioned the fall well personally i bought my gear 2 months before my bike... boots helmet jacket gloves ... and took the msf course which i needed all of them for.. my only gripe with icon is they fit poorly unless you have a bit of weight to you .. @ 5'9" and 145# it only fits well in the winter when i have my hoody on under it
                                That red is killing me!

Comment

Working...
                                X