X

D&D Exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D Exhaust

Hey guys I was just wondering what you thought of the d&d slip-on. I saw it on ebay for about 250 and was wondering how is sounded and how much performance gain. I know there are probably better slip-ons out there but I dont want to spend much more than 250.

The loudest, most obnoxious exhaust on the market. If you like obnoxiously loud, you'll love it (and everyone who rides behind you will dislike being there). If you don't like loud, it isn't for you.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber makes a very good point, I had a d&d this summer on mine (full system on a pre 98 ) and it was extremely loud...got pulled over EVERY time i rode it through town and got way to much unwanted attention) but on some bikes they arent to loud. If you like loud get it, but if you dont get a yosh or something, they're much better and quieter.

Comment

I like mine, and have had louder exhausts on other bikes, but then "loud" is a subjective term, even for the authorities.
        Living truly is truly living

Comment

I bought a full D&D Show-n-go for that price. There are better deals out there just have to look for them. Yes D&D's are louder than most exhasut systems. I just happen to love them though.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I bought the D & D from wvurubberducky600 for my pre 98 and love it!!! He's right though, it's loud and everybody stares when your coming, when you get there, and when your leaving!!!!
            Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
            Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

I just installed a full system D&D exhaust a coupla months ago. When I come in late at night or leave early in the morning, I always set off a car alarm or two, if you want to know what kinda noise you are going to deal with. Personally I have become used to the noise. On the other hand, its all a matter of how high you are revving the bike. The higher you rev the bike the louder its going to sound (and with a D&D its gonna be quite loud). When you are riding on the highway, its not gonna really matter to other people that much, cause either you are passing them or they are passing you. Its gonna matter to you though, cause, you are going to hear that sound constantly. Like I said before, I have become accustomed to the sound, so it doesnt bother me. When I get into my apartment complex, I am not really revving the bike that high, so I think the sound is bearable, but it definitely catches attention.
              2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

About the performance gain, I am not really sure how much of a gain the actual slip-on gives, but I think its minimal. After installing the headers and the slip-on, I definitely see a significant gain in low end and high end torque. So if you are looking for gain, then you should get headers. I dont think it matters which brand headers you get (I assume that most aftermarket headers may have almost the same diameter), because the sound is mostly determined by the slip-on (I think). The loudness may also depend on whether you have a straight pipe type or a tuned exhaust type.

P.S. All my conclusions above are from assumptions, so please dont hold me to it
                2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Loud pipes save lifes. I love my D&D exhaust....

Comment

I love my D & D and have yet to be pulled over. I happen to pass construction zones with 15 mph speed limits every day I ride to work and the Mass Trropers never have stopped me. Loud yes and people hear you. Loud as a Harley with shorteys though? Not even close to being as loud. I love mine!
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                      I bought a full D&D Show-n-go for that price. There are better deals out there just have to look for them. Yes D&D's are louder than most exhasut systems. I just happen to love them though.

WHERE ?????

Comment

I got mine from this guy. Mine is for a GSXR 750 90-92 but they fit just fine but the midpipe is a little bit longer. Other than that It is a great pipe.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                        X