No announcement yet.
X

Everyone wear boots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a great pair of Sidi boots that I wear everytime I ride. They're great as walking boots as well, so even off the bike they're comfortable. Waterproof also helps

The 'Way' boot is a lower cost option for those looking for a comfortable, light weight waterproof street boot. When I put these on, I immediately liked the...

Comment

what do you guys think of Harley boots? The ones with the flat front and the metal ring on the side, sort of a western style. I bought a pair about 2 years ago when I was putting together a harley thats still not together. Here is a pic of them but mine have the cowboy style heal http://www.bootamerica.com/boots/ico.../Hard91002.jpg
      97 Katana 600 F

Comment

rules

Well when I decided I wanted to get into riding motorcycles my beloved wife only had a couple of rules

1) No drinking and riding - good rule

2) Full gear - including boots, no exceptions regardless of how far the ride was

no following rules = no bike

So it made things easy I have 2 pairs of boots, the latest ar Nitro ones them feel great, just need to break them in.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

I currently dont wear boots, but after looking at all of these words of wisdom I must reconsider.
          Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobs
            Originally posted by Jax
            I didn't like the riding boots because I would have to change them at work...and I don't want to carry two pairs of shoes....
            I keep a pair of Birkenstock sandals in my desk drawer and change when I arrive at the office. That works fine in Silicon Valley, might not go over so well in the uptight East 8)

+1 I actually keep 2 pair of shoes at work..
            ( I have the room !!)

Comment

Re: rules

Originally posted by mcmahonm

2) Full gear - including boots, no exceptions regardless of how far the ride was
              great rules 8)

Here is a tip...get the BEST boots you can afford....

SIDI's are what I recommend.

remember this...sneakers will FLY OFF when you go down at speed...they even fall off in violent car accidents (ask any paramedic)

boots are one of the most important saftey items and too many people do not wear them....boggles the mind!

Comment

Ankle injuries are extremly common in motorcycle accidents. I am like a few of the others riding without my boots feels strange. I have Oxtar Matrix boots. They are comfortable to walk around in and they are waterproof.

Comment

Re: rules

Originally posted by mcmahonm
                  Well when I decided I wanted to get into riding motorcycles my beloved wife only had a couple of rules

no following rules = no bike

So it made things easy I have 2 pairs of boots, the latest ar Nitro ones them feel great, just need to break them in.
                  It's funny you bring up the rules...when I bought my bike my buddy rode it back to his house because I didn't have a license yet...he told me that he didn't want me to take it home until I knew how to ride it...and that if I didn't bring my gear to his place...he wouldn't let me do anything but look at it...he engraved in my head that the only two rules on a bike are...No Drinking and riding....and always wear your gear!!...once I was comfortable in riding and we went on a few rides together...he let me take the bike home...nice to have friends like that who really care...

I am going to go through my "shoe collection" and take a pair to work to change in...great idea and simple solution!! Thanks guys!!
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

To me ALL GEAR is a must for any ride. Weather I am going for a long ride or just down to the corner store. For work I have an extra pair of shoes there, and just throw my work cloths in the tank bag and I am set to go..

Comment

IMO, boots are the second most important piece of riding gear. They're second only to the helmet. I never ride without my Sidi's.

Even on the very rare times that I make short runs around town without a jacket, I still have my boots and gloves on (and helmet, of course).
                      I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I wear full gear every ride.

Helmet (BELL sprint "wicked")
                        Foggy Anti-Fog mask
                        JR Jacket Meteor 4.0 (Black)
                        JR Pants Ballisitc 5.0 (Black)
                        AStar Ridge Waterproof boots
                        JR Phoenix Gloves (Summer)
                        JR Blaster Gloves (w/wiper, Cold Weather )
                        Everytime a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings. Everytime a mouse traps snaps, an angels set on fire. - J. Handey

Comment

Right now I wear work boots, but I ordered a pair of these http://www.newenough.com/product_pic...boot/black.jpg
                          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

What is the advantage about waterproof boots other than the obvious? I mean no one talks about rain gear, so why does it matter for the boots?
                            Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

I don't often ride in the rain so I can live with damp feet in a pinch.

I wear 3/4 height work boots that come to 'just above the ankles'. No shin protection but the bony parts that stick out (and wear down) are covered.
                              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                                Right now I wear work boots, but I ordered a pair of these http://www.newenough.com/product_pic...boot/black.jpg
                                Good deal they are nice boots but as we said above they are first in comfortable until you break them in...I wore them two days to work and then the whole day at work and they broke in really nice...now they are comfortable and the take a little getting used to because they are a bit bulky in the front...nothing you can't get used to though...
                                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                                X