X

in need of Camo pants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in need of Camo pants

So i know that ICON makes some but i was hoping to find the snow/urban pattern. No success so far. If all else fail i might get some typeof armor or another pair of pants to go under the camos i have already. You guys think that will work or will i be sweating my chestnuts off? Alsodo they just make the kevlar stuff that's behind the jeans so i wont have to buy a the jeans, just the reinforcment?

thx
    2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

I'd suggest starting at the manufacturer's website (www.rideicon.com) to locate if they make what you're looking for.

If not, yes, you can sew in protective layers, although you'd be better going with sewwing in pockets to hold actual GP-grade or at least CE-grade armor than simply sewing Kevlar onto the pants.

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Question? Why in the world would you ever want to wear camo gear while your on a bike? We have enough problems with people not seeing us and you want to try to blend into the background even more?
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I can lend ya a pair of mine to try out and see what you think..

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
          Question? Why in the world would you ever want to wear camo gear while your on a bike? We have enough problems with people not seeing us and you want to try to blend into the background even more?
          Yeah...cause we all just KNOW how well those guys actually blend in while wearing the urban camo gear...
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

I wonder whether Aerostitch makes their hi-viz fluorescent lime yellow Cordura in a camo pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
              I can lend ya a pair of mine to try out and see what you think..

LOL arent these thosepnats fromthe 80's...... what were they called, zboz pant or something?... just another reason we should all forget about the 80's.

I think i might just try to get a pair of riding pants that i can where under any other pants i have. This way i wont be wearing the same pants to classes every day.
              2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Sadly no, they can be bought from the Steelers website.

-Steve

sigpic
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

LOL arent these thosepnats fromthe 80's...... what were they called, zboz pant or something?... just another reason we should all forget about the 80's.

I think i might just try to get a pair of riding pants that i can where under any other pants i have. This way i wont be wearing the same pants to classes every day.
                  You mean Zubaz pants ?

man i used to have alot of those back in the day.. but no those are actually yellow/black camo you can get at alot of stores nationwide and of course at the Steelers.com stores especially. They are somewhat a take off of the zubaz style but technically just ur basic camo with LOUD colors.

Ive worn my JR Phoenix pants over jeans or khacki's many times with no problem.

Comment

LOL they're they are. That stuff was huge for a while. i'm so glad i was only about 8 at that time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonyquest97
                      Think the other way around. Buy a pair of slightly oversized textiles to wear over your clothing. I've known several people who have commuted that way using earlier versions of these because of the large zipper in the legs which makes them easy to get in and out of with jeans.

Comment

LOL they're they are. That stuff was huge for a while. i'm so glad i was only about 8 at that time lol.
                        Hey I still have a pair :

but my wife wont let me wear them for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                          Think the other way around. Buy a pair of slightly oversized textiles to wear over your clothing. I've known several people who have commuted that way using earlier versions of these because of the large zipper in the legs which makes them easy to get in and out of with jeans.

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_...pants_page.htm
                          Idea:
                          Those Joe-Rocket 5-point pants are ballistic nylon... And nylon is a plastic, and plastic can be painted... maybe that's where you should start instead of layering more fabric onto it... find nylon-compatible fabric paints (I'd think most larger fabric stores might have a clue where to get it)...

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                          X