X

Anybody run a yellow bulb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I completely agree.

But that doesn't keep them from running over us motorcyclists on a pretty regular basis.

The modulator for the headlight (and brakelight) are the best choice, but I still say they will notice a yellow bulb more readily than a white

Carl-
    "Ignoring the facts does not mean that they cease to exist"

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Yeah , I know . People use the HUGE lights so people that SHOULDN'T be driving see them . I just hate the world sometimes .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

its all well and good sure someone might see the car with fogs lights. but when someone with fog lights pointed up to high blinds the SUV thats driving to your side causing them to suddenly run you over...

being noticed is one thing, being unsafe about it is another. someone i knew was putting fog lights on his car(they think they are better for night driving). he had no clue your headlights are aimed differently for each side as to not blind on coming traffic. he had both pointed straight ahead and not even pointed down at all. my car sits low so people with these lights are basically right in my face causing me not to see anything except those lights.
        03 katanika

Comment

Yeah , out here in the country , fog lights and light bars are EVERYWHERE , and NONE of them seem aimed right . Nor headlights for that matter . And of course , everyone runs insanely bright headlights . Makes me dizzy anymore driving at night with oncoming traffic .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I do

I like the way it looks and it is starting to be a new trend in riding. Texas laws dont prohibit yellow lites but they make up laws as they feel day by day.
            :::''''lll;'';

Comment

Do what I did and build a 32 LED light to replace the ugly parking light up front.

Actually I have a 24-LED one built if anyone is interested in buying it, just shoot me a PM. Gonna be building a few more 16-LED ones in the near future once I get more time on my hands

Comment

i would like to see the 24 and 16 led ones and maybe blue?

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, aren't the modulators illegal in some states due to the fact that people can confuse them for police vehicles?
                  97 GSX600F
                  76 CB750F
                  71 CB175

Comment

WTF is up with that kat in the house?!?!
                    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                    18v Rigid Drill
                    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by starion88esir View Post
                      If I'm not mistaken, aren't the modulators illegal in some states due to the fact that people can confuse them for police vehicles?
                      Nope, from Kisan web page ( http://www.kisantech.com/regulations.php )
                      FMVSS 108 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) (49 CFR Part 571.108 S7.9.4) allows motorcycle headlight modulation systems in all 50 states provided they comply with the standards set forth in this section.
                      And
                      Title 49 USC 30103(b1) (US Codes) prohibits any state from forbidding a system that conforms to FMVSS 108.
                      On that page is an actual link to the code.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet
                      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
                        WTF is up with that kat in the house?!?!
                        Not only that but how did he get it up the stairs???
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Bringing back another dead thread!
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                          X