X

93 Kat petcock internals damaged?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Kat petcock internals damaged?

there is a small white disc/diaphram on the vacuum port. The rubber has broken down, was not included in K&L kit. Any ideas? Can this be replaced?
    Also, there is a small metal stopper-clip deep inside housing, in front of the white fuel directional cone... it appears to be bent/mangled. I have pix, but do not know how to post them here. Please advise. Thanks

That spring will look wrong but it is right. The kit should of came with the diaphragm. That is 75% of need to rebuild.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 09-22-2017, 08:55 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Check this out, and follow up if your still having an issue.

Petcock Rebuild Walkthru with pics

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for response. The K&L kit does not include the very small rubber piece located on the inside of the diaphram cover plate. Nor is it on parts fish, I'll re-insert mangled clip.

Krelyn, i did view your post prior to tear down. Thanks for that , as well as your carb tutorial. VERY helpful! The two parts in the petcock i'm having with, are the ONLY two parts you didn't expose in your tutorial. The small white disc with the rubber nipple sticking out, last stage of vacuum port. Can this be fabricated? Thanks
        Last edited by daddyload40; 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by daddyload40 View Post
          Thanks for response. The K&L kit does not include the very small rubber piece located on the inside of the diaphram cover plate. Nor is it on parts fish, I'll re-insert mangled clip.

Krelyn, i did view your post prior to tear down. Thanks for that , as well as your carb tutorial. VERY helpful! The two parts in the petcock i'm having with, are the ONLY two parts you didn't expose in your tutorial. The small white disc with the rubber nipple sticking out, last stage of vacuum port. Can this be fabricated? Thanks
          Ahhh...

Yeah, probably maybe... My experience was (when I did that tutorial) I soaked the hole petcock in the berryman's carb dip. It ate that diaphragm (dissolved it) so... found out after the fact not a good idea if you wanted to keep that. I even went back to edit / update the thread to point that out.
          That said, I realized it's a pressure regulator or pulse reducer. What it really does is just keep the pulses from the vacuum from vibrating the diaphragm, so long term... it lasts longer (less wear). Short term... not necessary for the working of the petcock.

That said... I never replaced mine. I reassembled the petcock, and I've been using that petcock in the rebuild pictorial in my own bike since that walkthru was made. That was April of 09? It's given me no issues.

If it was me... I'd not worry about it. If it did bother me enough to want to replace it, I'd replace the part (the cap, or nipple with the diaphragm mounted in it) from someone else's replaced/bad petcock. There are lots of peeps who decided to replace or not rebuild, and that part would be perfectly functional from their "old" petcock. Probably not an expensive replacement option if you wanted.

So what about the spring? Still look screwed up? Put the selector knob in first, and check it's working before putting the diaphragm and cap on btw. That way you don't bent the selector spring if you do accidently have it incorrectly assembled.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Kreylyn! Re-assemble tonite.
            Can you assist in my posting of pix. Do i to insert from photobucket or something?
            Thanks for response!

Comment

Originally posted by daddyload40 View Post
              Thanks Kreylyn! Re-assemble tonite.
              Can you assist in my posting of pix. Do i to insert from photobucket or something?
              Thanks for response!
              Don't use photofucket...

Imgur.com (it's free!)

create an account (It's safe!)

Load pic(s) into an album.

Once loaded, upper left corner of the picture in the album will be the specific URL for that pic.

Copy said URL.

Click the link above the posting box that looks like this...

Past in the URL into the pop up and add to the end of the url the following line...

.jpg

So an example of the final url posting in the box would be... https://imgur.com/8yJHcYi.jpg

That will allow you to post visibly the specific pic in a thread. Repeat as necessary for all the pics you want. I'll insert the pic below using the link so you can see example if done correctly...

If you leave the .jpg off the pic, it will show up as a broken link, but can be right click viewed in another tab because the browser will display it. It's the forum that can't figure it out. That would look like this... blank spot below...

Krey
              Last edited by Kreylyn; 09-22-2017, 01:25 PM.
              93 750 Kat

Comment

Damn that is nasty....
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ahhh... the mangled clip! Thanks for walking me thru the process. MUCH appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X