Mechanics in NY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanics in NY?

I am a newbie and I have my first Kat. 750 1993

It's been making a clanking/knocking noise in the tank and I'd like to get it checked out. I'd love some trusted references in the Manhattan/Brooklyn area if anyone has any. Being a newbie I don't wanna get burned. Thanks in advance.

One thing that comes to mind, and something I had to do to mine when I first bought it for the same noises.. Lift the tank and check the rubbers.

On the 93 750 there was two that are on the two bolts that hold the tank in place. These are a set, Upper and lower half, If you lift the tank up further, you will/should see more round bumpers on the crossbrace over the top of the motor. and finally, if you pull the tank back a little, at the very front of the tank, there should also be a long "C" shaped rubber that actually fits into a c channel on the bottom of the tank and fits over a peice on the frame. This piticular one might slide off with the tank and fall on top of the motor or it might stay in the gas stank or it might stay on the frame. So just beware before you notice it not there and think its missing. It just might be hiding.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Thanks Man...will check it out!

Comment

Working...
      X