X

Should have charged the batt.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should have charged the batt.

Make sure you keep tabs on your battery. My wife gave birh to our son three months ago. Her last month pregnant, three months of new baby and crappy weather meant no ridding. Batterys dead and won't take a charge. Next time I'll get a battery tender. Any advice on where to get a battery on the cheap

Try RonAyers.com, which is having a 7.5% off sale this weekend if you use coupon code LABORHOL.

PS - you need to drain the fuel and replace it unless you used a fuel stabilizer before you parked off.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I've bought them from JC Whitney a few times for relatively cheap (less than $40) . If I know my bike's gonna be down for more than a few weeks , I like to bring the battery inside and stick it on the little trickle charger once in a while .Got THAT from Wal Mart for less then $20 , too .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I got a ES12BS at walmart and trickle charged for 5 hrs at 1 amp. Voltage was 14.2 when I installed it. I don't let it drop below 12.4 then trickle again. Battery is 3/4 inch taller than stock. Cut me some spacers and got longer bolts for battery hold down. Everything clears bottom of seat and tank bracket. The extra amps really helps and no light dimming while night riding. I trickle once a week if I don't ride or you can ride around the the block if you don't have a trickle. I had problems with the stock 9 amps, so far no problems with the 12.

Comment

..........OR...........hit any Parts Unlimited dealer and get the Parts Unlimited brand battery. Same mfg as the best ones, just private label!!!

They work very well..............
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I found a solar panel on sale for $40 at Harbor Freight several years ago and have used it on a '67 Lincoln that sat for a while (project car) and on the Kat more recently. It works great and I don't have to have any extension cords, etc.
            Also have a trickle charger (from Wal-Mart??) that works well. I installed the quick-disconnect for the trickle charger on the bike's battery and have it sticking out from under the seat so I can hook up the solar panel to it.
            I had to make a quick-disconnect for the solar panel with a kit from Radio Shack. The solar panel came with battery terminal clamps hard-wired to it, I had to cut and splice the wires. I put the "other" end of the quick-disconnect on the battery clamps so I can still use them with the solar panel. I think the QD kit cost less than $10.
            Now I can hook up the solar panel or charger without removing the seat.
            If you decide to do something similar with a solar panel, make sure the polarity is correct. If you hook up a solar panel to a battery wrong it could damage the panel.

Comment

I got my battery from Wal-Mart. Took me a while looking through all the books to cross-reference it, but they had it on the shelf. Can't remember the exact cost, but it was like $20.

Hasn't failed me yet. You will need to fill it when you get home though. I didn't have my charger available at the time, so I started it and let it run to charge it up.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
              X