X

Gixxer motor in katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gixxer motor in katana

Hey guys does anyone know how I can hookup the clutch system of a 1996 Katana 750 to a early model gixxer motor. The frame of the katana prevents the clutch cable from being able to be threaded thru the hole linking the cable to the clutch lever. Anyone who may have knowledge of how to get around this please share

Get a gixxer cable. It will be longer than the kats
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Is that going to be able to have the extra power? There are gold here who put the 6 speed transmission from a 600/750 into an 1100 (5 heard only) and it they had issues with longevity. Probably fewer issues with a clutch than the transmission, but just something to think about
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

It's the entire engine

Even if I get a jixxer cable, the sidebar on the frame will not let me thread it in where it's suppose to go

I have pics but don't know how to post them here
        Last edited by Kdogone; 09-09-2017, 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Mounts on top of the clutch housing, right?
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Any resolution to this problem? I was thinking of dropping in a Gixxer 750 motor in mine.
            1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
            V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
            Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

There are members here who have GSXR 750 motors in their kats. It's certainly doable. I've worked on one for a member who is semi local to me a couple of times, has the right side clutch cable attachment. I didn't note the specific route used for the cable.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X