X

Blown Fuse Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown Fuse Problems

So I purchased an "eBay universal" digital speedometer cluster for my 97 katana 600. I removed the old stock cluster and matched up all the old wires to the new ones and when I turned the key to on I blew the "signals" fuse. I replaced the fuse and tried one more time, and I blew it again. I don't want to keep replacing the fuse and causing more damage. Anybody have any idea of a good place to start looking? Or is there something else that I need to be doing, besides just matching up wires? Thanks for any help you can provide

? How the hell does any body know what you did? Obviously you have a wire crossed somewhere. Reverify your wiring.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      ? How the hell does any body know what you did? Obviously you have a wire crossed somewhere. Reverify your wiring.
      +1^^^^

Cut the red wire....WAIT NO the blue one......ummmmm wait or is it do not cut the red or blue???

Hopefully your "universal" digital cluster came with a wiring diagram, and you have a wiring diagram for your bike. Back to the drawing board and retrace every wire.
      2002 750 Kat
      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
        Reverify your wiring.
        Sounds like you got your turn signal indicator lights wired wrong.
        Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
        X