X

vacuum line

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum line

Ok so here is where I am with the bike. I picked up 2 more sets of plugs from the stealer. Couln't find fuel lines to save my life went to to other auto parts stores after the dealer with no luck. I wanted the line because when I was taking off the tank I noticed that the fuel line was pinched and looked a little brittle. As for the vacuum line where the hell did it go???
    Well it isn't attached to the petcock. My question is when I do get the hose is it supposed to attach here on the carbs???

92 Katana 600 Project bike
    Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Something similar going on here

Pre98 your vacume line goes from the back of the petcock to the outside of your right most carb if your sitting on the bike. Over the top of everything and then down to a nipple on the side. It's right above the bowls and about 1/2" long.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

i know but I didn't want to hijack his post.

So do you know if there should be something covering that inlet? It has a barb on the end which leads me to believe something should be connected to it.
      92 Katana 600 Project bike
      Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Feel free to hijack my thread.

I took a pic last night, not very clear, took with my phone. But, this is my understanding, it might not be same for you, since mine is a 2000.

- Sufyan.

Wearing helmets is NOT a civil rights issue - it is a safety issue, period!

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Re: vacuum line

Originally posted by Gear Dog
          Couln't find fuel lines to save my life went to to other auto parts stores after the dealer with no luck.
          Order the stock 90 degree fuel hose segment through the dealer. Suzuki America normally delivers within 4 or 5 business days to the dealers on an order. Be smart and order the stock fuel filter while you're there too.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Gear Dog
            So do you know if there should be something covering that inlet? It has a barb on the end which leads me to believe something should be connected to it.
            It is hard to tell from your pic and my memory is kinda fuzzy, but there is one open inlet that is barbed. I just can't tell from that pic if that location is supposed to be the empty one. There should be three hoses coming out of the pre98 carbs 2 fuel and one vaccume. The two fuel line should be easy to pick out cause they smell of gas.
            '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

This may help. This is the fiche for 97 carbs. They are slight differences in carbs for different years. I also have no idea how a CA bike would differ.

The 6s are the fuel lines.
              16 is the vaccume line. It should go directly to your fuel petcock unless you have a CA bike then it has part 21 segments it.

I believe the 14s are the open nipples you are refering to.

Quick side note there are no fuel filters on the stock pre98 fuel lines. All the filtering is done by the fuel petcock. I think they are a good idea. When I replace my fuel lines I'll add some filters.

'92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Originally posted by Sufyan
                Feel free to hijack my thread.

I took a pic last night, not very clear, took with my phone. But, this is my understanding, it might not be same for you, since mine is a 2000.

Not bad from a phone. Always wanted to see how the quality is.
                Bike is sold

Comment

Working...
                X