No announcement yet.
X

To tweak or not to tweak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the input. I will be checking out a 50 rear (+3). I don't think that I will mind losing in the high end, as I have never actually tried to see what my Kat can do. Perhaps I should before I make changes
    Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
      Thanks for all the input. I will be checking out a 50 rear (+3). I don't think that I will mind losing in the high end, as I have never actually tried to see what my Kat can do. Perhaps I should before I make changes

here is a list of what i've done to my bike:
      5 degree ignition advancer
      two bro pipe
      k&n air filter
      k&n jet kit ( dynojet )
      -1 up front (14-47) -----( just ordered new set & chain i'm going 15-50 )

i HIGHLY recommend all the above mods - but you can used a needle shim(washer) instead of the jet kit. you may need to go 1 step up on main jets but you can order them from FACTORY.

i've been asked MANY times " thats a 600 katana ? ".
      i've spent the time dialing in the carbs ( probably had them out 10 times )
      so my bike flies for a no motor mod bike.

just got a 750 header so i have a bit more work to do on the carbs !

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
        I'm about to go the same route (if leadsled comes through for me)... even have a spare set of carbs for the 600 laying around to dump the jetkit in if needed, so I can just swap them out. Do me a favor, please -- once you have the carbs adjusted for the new 750 header, drop me a PM with the settings that worked for you; it'll give me a baseline for the same operation.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Originally posted by trinc
          I'm about to go the same route (if leadsled comes through for me)... even have a spare set of carbs for the 600 laying around to dump the jetkit in if needed, so I can just swap them out. Do me a favor, please -- once you have the carbs adjusted for the new 750 header, drop me a PM with the settings that worked for you; it'll give me a baseline for the same operation.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Or better yet, share them with the Katrider Community!

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
            Or better yet, share them with the Katrider Community!
            Actually, I'd like to put together a chart of appropriate settings for all the different end-can/header/airfilter/pod vs. airbox/jetting combinations, but I don't know where to start...

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X