X

14/48 sprocket setup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14/48 sprocket setup

I recently re-geared my pre750 to 14/48 530 chain size. Both vortex sprockets and an ek red chain. I was wondering what people use for their sprocket setups and any input on my current configuration... thanks

Also, would i use the chain at 120 links or should i cut it down?

Comment

I only went up 3 in the rear, I bought a 120 link EK and had to cut one link off. So since you are going down one in the front as well, you might have to go down to 118, but I would buy a 120 just for good measure.

My thoughts on that set-up, your going to be accelerating really fast. When I went up 3 in the rear, I noticed a rather large change in acceleration, and that your going down one in the front, thats about equivalent to going up 3 more in the rear, so good luck. Just be careful when accelerating hard.

D
      Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I was thinking it will be 118 but i was unsure. 118 is the stock legnth for a pre 750 though correct? should i even bother with the new chain, it wasn't cheap. If the old one will work fine, I dont want to waste the money....

Comment

yeah.... i redid both my sprockets wit the red chain too....

down 1 up front
          up 2 in the rear.....

it pulls like a biatch..... but it tops out.... and i mean tops out at 150 (at about 12,000)..... it mighta done 155 but i didn't wanna burry the rpms.... but let me tell you it was still pullin like a beast at 150...

THE EMAIL BANDIT
          F4 I stunted out
          Cbr900 (low and stretched)
          MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post

down 1 up front
            up 2 in the rear.....

it pulls like a biatch..... but it tops out.... and i mean tops out at 150 (at about 12,000)..... it mighta done 155 but i didn't wanna burry the rpms.... but let me tell you it was still pullin like a beast at 150...

That chain looks nice! as for topping out goes, Im not too concerned with my top speed as much as I am with acceleration, so this setup should do just fine for me then...

Comment

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post

down 1 up front
              up 2 in the rear.....

Not one for scraping footpegs, are we? juuuuuust kidding. Your back tire has the skunk-effect.......

14/47 had the redline in 6th indicating around 165 or so (speedo ends at 160). Going +3 in the back...... I dunno. That might be too much. Probably makes it wheelie-happy, though. (at least, as wheelie-happy as a katana can be)
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I've changed my sprockets on 06 600 a couple times all with stock chain (118 links)/ (stock 4 600 is 15/47) 14/47,13/47,13/48,14/48. currently running 13/48 which feels to low and tops out to quick 4 me also cut out 1 link to shorten wheel base, to mabey pop it up a little easier. I think I'll go back 2 14/48. My mods are dynojet kit, K&N filter(still don't under stand y no one likes them on kats mine runs great) yosh pipe

Comment

I went 14-50 on my 1993 600. I really liked it, but driving on the highway sucked. 90mph was about 9k rpms if I remember right. Around town it was nice though, definitely gave it a little more squirt through traffic at least.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                  X