X

GSXR and Katana 750 engine????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pnut1236
    But it just cant be the carbs and the cams that makes the gsxr much more powerful. The 89 gsxr 750 is rated at 112hp and the post 750 Kats are only 93, which are basically the same motor. The compression is the same and different gearing should make the power change that much
    ancient thread aside...

The 89 750 GSXR and the PRE 750 (89-97) kats are what is near the same engine and put out near the same power. A cam change did put you much closer.

In 98 the 750 engines bore and stroke were changed to match the later model GSX
    R oil cooled engines. There is a noticeable difference between the pre kat engines and the post kat engines in performance. Other than Cams and carbs... I don't know of a difference between the 92 GSXR engine performance wise vs the Post Kat engines. So cams and carbs could possibly make a huge difference, especially when your looking at a bike that is seriously "detuned".

Krey
    Last edited by Kreylyn; 07-13-2012, 04:15 PM.
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Head Swap

Will the Head off a 1987 GSXR 750 work on a1990 Gsx750

Comment

I think so on the heads. The block has changed very little if at all on the outside.
        Suzook got that one right long ago.
        Ya don't see too many blown GSX engines of any cc or vintage.

The cam chain/ head gasket and oil holes should all line up.

Comment

Get the cams for it also. Big difference in power.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by gsxr750 View Post
            Will the Head off a 1987 GSXR 750 work on a1990 Gsx750
            Absolutely basically the same engine.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
            X