Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

On w/ the mods: 190 rear tire,20+ HP gain, here we go!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey man what do you mean by "slingshot"? how many horse do you think it would come ou tto if you put in a b12?
    << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
    KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Originally posted by james71
      Yeah, guess I didn't get the whole "kid" "phat" thing since I'm 35 and married and on my 9th bike. I want a kat customized. Not a immature looking little wide tired short bike w/ a drink coaster on the back for my wife to sit on.
      Mat0302, 87vert , 89beastie, SL1D3R, chriskat, I think you guys see where I'm headed with this, and thanks for the support.

I'm too dam old, and too smart to force this bike into a mold when I could have actually saved money by just buying a 600 sport w/ a 190. Two up riding more stable between the stop lights w/ a 190? Maybe. We'll see. I can tell you it can only improve. Pretty darn wobbly now.

For those of you that were interested in the pics, I will possiblely leave the bike with the builder next week. Hope so.

james
      Look , it's like this .....
      We see another kid EVERY week asking "what's the phattest tire I can squeez onto a Kat rim , yo?" , and it gets old . The ONLY reason they do it is in an effort to be cool , even though it'll hurt handling and POSSIBLY be unsafe to boot . But since you're actually widening the swingarm and using a wider rim ........ Like I said , your bike . If it's what you wanna do , more power to ya . But know that it ain't really necessary even with a 20hp boost . As mentioned , several members have WAY more power than you're proposing while running stock wheels and tire sizes with no problems .
      As for the 20hp boost .... cool . If it's N2O you'll be using , I'm kinda curious to see what it entails . I've seen one Kat with N2O and extended swingarm , but was less than inpressed with how he squidded it out . If you can get your kit in there for less than $1500 , you'll be doing ok , considering you can get a MUCH bigger engine in there for about that price . But the nitrous WOULD have the advantage of "coolness factor" .
      Also , I should add that being as we have a somewhat close-knit community here , alot of us have perhaps a slightly over-developed smart-ass reflex . You should get used to that if you're gonna hang out here .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I want to put a 300 rear tire on my bike so on a traffic light, I can keep both my feet on my pegs
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        maybe i'm just lazy :flipping:
        PAUL
        93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Mat0302, 87vert , 89beastie, SL1D3R, chriskat, I think you guys see where I'm headed with this, and thanks for the support.

I'm too dam old, and too smart to force this bike into a mold when I could have actually saved money by just buying a 600 sport w/ a 190. Two up riding more stable between the stop lights w/ a 190? Maybe. We'll see. I can tell you it can only improve. Pretty darn wobbly now.
          Doesn't matter how old you are. So you can post your idea, ask what we think then tell us to go to hell ?? You're a big boy and smart. We'll see..

Originally posted by md86
          Look , it's like this .....
          We see another kid EVERY week asking "what's the phattest tire I can squeez onto a Kat rim , yo?" , and it gets old .........Also , I should add that being as we have a somewhat close-knit community here , alot of us have perhaps a slightly over-developed smart-a$$ reflex . You should get used to that if you're gonna hang out here .
          Very well said Matt!!!

Comment

NOS, on a kat? Oh brother....
            Yeah, I get a lot of "oh brother" around here. The idea of customizing often involves doing something that is not widely excepted. The guy building-up my bike is a personal friend who put a lot of time into making my ideas reality, and around here he is known as the best. Some will like it, and some will
            SAY they dont.
            Matt, black-peter, I already have pms warning me of the simpltons who will flame-off when I say big tire. You're not upsetting me a bit. But, everyone here who hacked their shovel, bought fender eliminators and invested in paint, graphics, and other cosmetics has paid attention to areas of the bike that do not help ya one bit at the track.
            Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

so can we start talking about bike stuff now?
              Originally posted by KRAZYKAT
              hey man what do you mean by "slingshot"? how many horse do you think it would come ou tto if you put in a b12?

Comment

I think he meant an 1100 gsxr slingshot engine.

Comment

JET

Sure, I kinda laid off in light of the feedback, but that's cool. Guys have different tastes.This guy (the builder) has a turbo kit he modified to fit kats, sv's and buell's that kicks-in at 7000 rpm. That's perfect for me, since I'll be nowhere near that riding two up. He also knows how to match front and rear tires, plus suspension mods, to get good handling from a 190 rear recieving the benefits without sacrificing.
                  I may just go ahead and let him keep it and complete both mods at once, so it's all there when I get it back. I spoke with him today and chose to spend the HP bucks on the turbo-jet kit instead of going nitrous. I am NOT a mechanic, and trust this guy as a good friend to build what I want.
                  Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

Matt, black-peter, I already have pms warning me of the simpltons who will flame-off when I say big tire. You're not upsetting me a bit.
                    1. MD and I did not flame you.
                    2. You just implied we (Md and I) were simpletons. Hmm not sure you'll get a lot of amens on that.
                    3. Every once and a while (I have been here for 2 1/2 years) someone decides they are going to revolutionize Katana modding. It seldom happens. And ultimately they don't stay.
                    4. The real revolutionaries are people like Waltari and BlackkatnWV who just go about their business, accept both criticisms and compliments well and are very successful.
                    5. You asked for our opinion. What is it about some people that when they ask for opinions then feel the need to belittle the ones who say nay?? They invariably say we don't know what we are talking about and insist they or their guy is the man..
                    6. For the last time.. I'm not telling you that changing to a 190 rear is wrong, unsafe, stupid, silly any of that. I'm only giving you my asked for opinion that it is misguided. And if you don't do it right all the other things..

You're making some pretty unwarranted noise about Md and I. I'll be the first one to admit I can be abrasive and sometimes a complete jerk, I think this, amazingly, is a case were Md and I said very little that was negative and you are being very defensive in your replies. I think you need to try and step off the Ego switch a little and listen to what 2 very experienced Katana mechanics, riders, railers and long time owners have to say.
                    If not then you need to be adult enough to ignore what we have to say, without implying we are simpletons..
                    At the very least you have to recognize that Md and I have been here for years while you just over a month. We have collectively written over 20,000 posts and collectively read possibly 60,000 more. We have seen them come and go.

Comment

No harm, no foul. It's cool.

Comment

okay pete, y do they call it a sling shot? and what are those engines putting out, an old school gsx1100 and the b12?

james, wow a turbo.sounds interesting,i know with a car its always good to have forged internals,like pistons n such, to help with the extra boost in pressure within the motor.does the kat come with forged internals to help support boost?n im sure ur not gonna have to put that much on it,how much boost r u thinking bout running?i dont know how u ride, but even when i have "helmet headbutter" on my bike,im in the 7 grand range.just b sure that the internals wont have any problems handling that boost on a daily ride basis,cause ull most likely use it every time u ride.
                        keep us posted..

Comment

It makes my day to come to KR and watch what everyone has to say.

BP - you crack me up.
                          James - Good Luck with the bike, it will be one a kind (or few).
                          myspace
                          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I want to put a 300 rear tire on my bike so on a traffic light, I can keep both my feet on my pegs
                            <---------LMAO!!!! I'm with you sex. Screw puttin a foot down man.

I think a Kat would look just as sic as other bikes with a 300, I agree it would bite for corners and corners are fun as hell, but I'm a lover of custom and to all custom builders out there keep it up! Customs are sic and the more crazy the better. Do like me, trick one out to look good and build one to race, then you have it all. Can you just stick a Busa rear end on a Kat? Like will it bolt up without a ton or modification? Call me crazy but I think it would be pretty nice lookin

Comment

Ok, anyways, BP was right, I was refering to the old gsxr 1100 motor, Not sure what the power output on that is, the stock b12's put out somewhere around 120ish hp and 70ish lbs/ft of torque.

Modified correctly, that can be easily changed to 140+hp and 90+ torque, which is what I am in the middle of right now, I just need to win the lottery first.

<-----poor college kid

Oh yea, and james please keep us updated on your progress, take a camera if you have one, to your builder and snap some pics if you would, this sounds interesting.

And for the record, I responded the way I did to the NOS idea because I too have read a few posts on here about people saying they are going to do it, but where are they now? Not here, that's for sure, so my bad for stereotyping you and putting you into the category of "all talk no action"....just prove me wrong for the love of god!!!
                              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                              18v Rigid Drill
                              Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
                                NOS, on a kat? Oh brother....

If you want 20 hp, just swap a b12, or a slingshot in there...probably be cheaper....and way more than 20hp.
                                What's wrong with nitrous? Don't knock it til ya try it!
                                Red 1988 600F

Comment

Working...
                                X