X

How Long do you ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long do you ride?

With Members here all over the country, and all over the world, I was wondering how long everyones riding season is.

Here in Minnesota / Wisonsin, it seems we can ride from about Mid April (Still kinda chilly) to about Late October (Really chilly at night)

Now that I am moving down south, I am told that I can ride pretty much all year long.

SO I would figure you can get about 5 to 6 months good riding up here. What about everyone else?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

I don't venture out as much in January as I used to, but 12 months a year is about right

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Here in Kansas, I ride from Late February til Late November/ Early December. I'm usually without my bike for 2 months tops.
      You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

I just got my bike this year, so i'll have to get back to ya. but I will ride anytime the temp is above 60f maybe even cooler. well have to see.

Comment

It's looking like you can ride 7 months of the year all the time no worries..
          December, January and February is day to day..
          June, July and August the same..
          I bet it works out to 9 months total..

Comment

Since I have owned my bike I have been able to get a ride or two in every month. It could be more if I was into the artic gear.

Comment

March to November, gotta watchout for that black ice.
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

hey lou...where did you find the COLOR you used on your bike ? I love that metalic copper , but couldnt find it anyway , at least that wasnt $50 a pint
                " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

All year, duh!!!!!!

Oh...we're talking about riding bikes?
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

All year, but really, in summer, sometimes is too much hot for riding (beach and chicks is better in that situation!).
                    PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                      All year, duh!!!!!!

Oh...we're talking about riding bikes?

That was TOO funny!
                      2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Mid march till early December !! I cant stand to be away from the Kat any longer than that! I just gotta ride!

I'll bundle up in layers and head out on 30 degree day, no worries. And the first sign of spring in mid to late march after the snow is melted and the roads are cleaned off from the salt, Im ready to go.

Comment

april till september are the usual around here (so about 6 months).
                          If you don't mind a some exposure you can do march & october as well.
                          I do know one person who has a Honda Africa Twin, he rides all year round (just puts on iron spiked tires during winter)
                          -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

I live in Baton Rouge and we ride all year around. Gets pretty cold at times but there is at least one good weekend every month even in the winter.
                            Not as lean, not as mean but still a Marine!

Comment

Originally posted by Lagmo
                              april till september are the usual around here (so about 6 months).
                              If you don't mind a some exposure you can do march & october as well.
                              I do know one person who has a Honda Africa Twin, he rides all year round (just puts on iron spiked tires during winter)
                              There's a local around here on a harley dresser that unless there is snow or ice, he's riding year around. and even then, the split second the snow melts he's back out. Said it takes me 25 minutes to get dressed to ride during the winter months

Comment

Working...
                              X