X

colored mesh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colored mesh

any one seen a mesh mod colored? Like yellow mesh on a yellow kat. does it look good?
    2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
    vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
    JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

I suppose you can paint it up a bit, and see what it looks like, and if you don't like it, toss the piece out, and try again. Or photoshop it.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

You can paint the mesh any color you want...i just went with the normal standard silver/gray color...think it really sets off the dark color of my ride...pics are in the Body Shop forum... feel free to check them out.

I considered painting them black, but decided otherwise..but thats just me though.

Comment

I looked at doing that too, and spoke to a guy at the shop.
        You need to sand a bit before the paint, and there was a good chance of chipping.
        I decided to forget it and just put it on, you do want to clear coat it.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I painted mine black I think the black looks better, here are some pics

Mesh mod

Comment

Originally posted by Flank
            I painted mine black I think the black looks better, here are some pics

Mesh mod
            Very nice.
            Bike is sold

Comment

that looks pretty good. How small is to small of a grade Im lookin at pretty fine mesh?
              2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
              vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
              JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

thanks

I dont know what grades there are. I just went to Lowes and just picked one i thought would look good.

Comment

That does look really good, leaving mine bare better suited my bike 'cause of the custom decals.
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

i've seen pre-cut pieces sold on ebay
                    rock
                    always working on mods

Comment

I'm thinking of putting rain gutters on mine...the mesh will help keep the leaves from clogging them.

j/k of course... go ahead and paint them, it's an easy mod you can keep changing all you like.
                      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Gutters

Originally posted by BeekMan
                        I'm thinking of putting rain gutters on mine...the mesh will help keep the leaves from clogging them.

j/k of course... go ahead and paint them, it's an easy mod you can keep changing all you like.
                        Yup Beek,
                        The gutters do keep out the leaves, but the snow/ice build up adds a lot of weight and slows you down!
                        Chris

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
                        Ralph W. Sockman

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security" -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Duplicolor Metalcast

I bought the gutter mesh to put on mine because it was plastic and seemed like a good idea. I just didn't want black and I cannot imagine paint holding up very well on that. I used the normal mesh that everyone else has and painted it a heavy metallic silver. Looks good. No pics yet.

One idea is that you go to your Auto Parts store and get the Duplicolor Metalcast http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html paint. I used the red on some of the hardwear on my bike and it turned out awesome. Just be creative.
                          Why bother doing anything if you cannot
                          "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

Working...
                          X