No announcement yet.
X

Rise of the Phoenix- 88 GSX600F restoration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'm back at it this weekend. Man i need a better job.. I'll need some input on the pin stripe. I found two that will work, I'll post pics. I really want to get the motor put back together and installed this weekend and rebuild a set of carbs. oK, here is the stripping I like. i'm not sure which looks better the 2 color or the 3 color. what looks to be black is actually dark blue.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-11-2014, 11:26 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It's looking great! Personally, I like the two color a lot more than the three but that's just my opinion.
      Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by fury8793 View Post
        It's looking great! Personally, I like the two color a lot more than the three but that's just my opinion.
        +1, think the 2 color looks cleaner.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I'm actually thinking of using the 3 color but, striping the dark blue from it, just using the 2 lighter blue stripes.
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 09-03-2014, 11:08 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

good idea, I think that would work very well

Comment

I just got lucky as any man can get. Look what I found. A complete set and the colors I'm looking for.
              Attached Files
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Carb cleaning today, parts ordered. For those that don't know, this is how you tear down a set of carbs. Bodies, jets and emulsion tubes have been soaking for a week.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-13-2014, 12:32 AM.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

I got my graphics ordered, I'm stoked. now to sand off the blue for the black. Only need to order grips, clutch cable, levers and put it together.
                  Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-13-2014, 02:29 PM.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    Carb cleaning today, parts ordered. For those that don't know, this is how you tear down a set of carbs. Bodies, jets and emulsion tubes have been soaking for a week.
                    You mean just taking the float bowls off and spraying shit at them isn't enough? WTF...

Comment

I did that, you mean that won't work? But, I spent a whole $3 for a can of cleaner. . I was going to mention what i use to flush passages but, I thought better of it.
                      Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-13-2014, 03:26 PM.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                        Bodies, jets and emulsion tubes have been soaking for a week.
                        It's ok to soak them that long? Were you removing them and rinsing them off periodically, or just dropped them in for a week and walked away?
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Plop and walk, you'll need to put a little oil at the shaft penetrations anyway. These were bad, it looked like molasses in there.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Fastest shipping ever from bike bandit 3 days and complete. Carb time, forgot to order pilot plugs, damn. Second bike bandit test starts .....now!

Second run not so good, 2 weeks. They had back ordered parts. On a plus side they sent extra parts not ordered, pilot plugs and fuel seals, good for me. Missing exhaust gaskets, bad for me.
                            Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-03-2014, 10:46 PM.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Got my graphics from Europe, they're fucking purple!!!! Damn, i dislike purple.. Maybe I'll take them to a local graphics co. To see if they can remake them in BLUE... Or just go with it....?? It's not like the whole bike will be purple, just the top. It may look good, if I can get over the color.
                              Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-09-2017, 12:24 AM.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Well, took the freakin purple shit to a couple graphics co. These people are on something, $35-45 setup $110-146 repro cost. The bike will be %#@& purple on top! Maybe it will work..... We'll see.... Purple....
                                Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-23-2016, 12:06 AM.
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                                X