X

can you help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you help?

hey guy i just got a 06 katana 600 and i am trying to figure out how to wire up a toggle switch to start it because someone had stolen it before i owned it...does any one know which color wire i need to cut and wire to the toggle?....thanks in advance..

Toggle start is just asking for trouble. Unles you are talking about putting in a toggle that needs to be flipped before the key works. In that case, you could use the ignition power wire, even the power wire from the battery.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Toggle start is just asking for trouble. Unles you are talking about putting in a toggle that needs to be flipped before the key works. In that case, you could use the ignition power wire, even the power wire from the battery.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by 06katana600 View Post
        hey guy i just got a 06 katana 600 and i am trying to figure out how to wire up a toggle switch to start it because someone had stolen it before i owned it...does any one know which color wire i need to cut and wire to the toggle?....thanks in advance..

Purchase a new ignition.

1. Post kats have an anti theft component to the ignition... with out one, you really need to know what your doing to be able to make it work, and the specifics on what you need to do (it's more than just connecting wires) isn't out there for a reason.

2. Not likely to offer information to strangers on the net on how to hotwire our bikes...

3. A properly keyed ignition is better all around for making it work simply, and at least some level of protection from someone just riding off with it later on IF you legitamately own it.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          2. Not likely to offer information to strangers on the net on how to hotwire our bikes...
          +1
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
          X