X

front tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front tires

hello all I have more or less a stupid question I am replacing my front tire and I want it to match my rear tire. stock size is 120/70-17. however the tire brand only offers a 130/70-17. will I run into issues or will it ride weird? thanks in advance

It will rub. 120 should be the largest you should run to keep the proper circumference of the tire. FYI not all matched tires have the same tread pattern, they very by performance and function required.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

should I just find a tire with like pattern?

Comment

Are you trying to put a rear tire on the front? I'd be curious to know what brand only offers a 130 front tire otherwise.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Kenda Cruiser K671 Motorcycle Street Tire
          dosent specify front or rear I put on on the rear I was trying to do a matching set.

Comment

Who cares what the tread pattern is? A pr4 front pattern is different than a pr4 rear. The requirement changes the pattern. Not a deal at all. Why a cruiser tire on a sport touring bike. Get a touring or sport tire.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Bike hasn't run in 4 years and back tire was completely bald and needed a cheap tire for this summer.

Comment

Conti tires are good for the low price. http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Co...=conti+motions
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman2231 View Post
                  Kenda Cruiser K671 Motorcycle Street Tire
                  dosent specify front or rear I put on on the rear I was trying to do a matching set.
                  The 130 size is a rear tire.

A link to the front tire version.

You can see there are differences between front and rear. There are differences also not apparent in just tread pattern, but also design and side wall construction. Unless the tire is specifically designed to be run either front or rear, swapping applications could have disastrous results.

I do recommend the site I linked from. It's where I order all my tires.

I would also recommend at least a radial for the Kat for a variety of reasons. You can search for tires by size at that website to narrow down and make it easier to find the tires either front or rear you want.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    Conti tires are good for the low price. http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Co...=conti+motions
                    Motions are decent tires. I have them on my Kat now. CompetitionAccessories.com has them as well. Last set was $167 for the pair.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                    X