X

safety

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safety

ok I am the safety guy at my work I work at goulds pumps In the foundry.once a week I hold a safety talk with all my guys.we disscuss safety at work and at home.i plan on having a talk about motercycle safety.we have several riders there and I want to come up with some good points and tips and tricks for the people that ride and the cagers .I plan on going over proper riding gear and routine stuff like that but I wouild like to hear from you guys and get any suggestions that you might have I want to make it so theres a little something in there for everyone those that ride and those that don't. things like not following to closely to cars or bikes flashing your break light when coming to a stop so people see it better.please feel free to add anything that you have.i want to make sure my people are well educated and ride safely. thank you
    YES I did just kick your car door in for almost killing me.i bet next time you get into your car you will rember to look out for bikes

Proper maintenance, additional safety add ons, break light pulser, reflective material or vests. If you could get a pic of a bike and a cage heading toward you at a distance, then explain the visual effects, size and depth perception as to how fast the bike seems to be going (slower) but, is actually going faster than they appear. Good reference for cagers to keep in mind.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-26-2014, 12:34 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Above are good points I'd stress gear... Jackets gloves etc etc I see so many people riding around with just tee's on or those vests ( really how much protection do they offer!!)

Comment

all of those are great points to bring up .I was just talking to the wife on the way to the lake yelling at these morons in wife beeters shorts and sandels out riding around.keep the suggestions coming any help is appreciated
        YES I did just kick your car door in for almost killing me.i bet next time you get into your car you will rember to look out for bikes

Comment

Another point if your bike is chain driven check your chain weekly. Just had a buddy at work dump his bike cause his chain was too lose and jumped off. Thankfully he wasn't going to fast when it jumped.

Comment

I'd discourage kicking a car door in. The driver might have a gun.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Lol u don't stick around after u kick it. U drop a gear and scoot

Comment

Originally posted by daddijuggalo View Post
                Lol u don't stick around after u kick it. U drop a gear and scoot
                I'd almost be willing to bet that if someone kicked in my door while I'm driving my truck, I could make a left or right turn quick enough to catch the offender under my rear tires.
                John,
                '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
                  I'd almost be willing to bet that if someone kicked in my door while I'm driving my truck, I could make a left or right turn quick enough to catch the offender under my rear tires.
                  +1 fast reflexes and a gas pedal. I could see that.

As for the question at hand, I've seen some pretty gnarly pictures of hands and feet of people who didnt wear gear. Like, the ones where the only thing left are bloody bones with noodle looking flesh hanging from them. Things like that tend to be an eye opener.
                  My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Always look 4-5 vehicles ahead periodically, not just the vehicle directly in front of you.

First reaction to avoid obstacle approaching: look for ways around it, never touch the brakes first;

touching the brakes only limit your options and available traction.

Comment

always have an escape plan!
                      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

One of the most dangerous things for someone on a bike is when people open their car doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat600noob View Post
                          One of the most dangerous things for someone on a bike is when people open their car doors.
                          That's one possibility that creeps me out probably more than it should. I've had a few interactions with cars over the years while commuting on a bicycle. The suddenly opening door has always made me nervous.

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                          I'd discourage kicking a car door in. The driver might have a gun.
                          The driver wouldn't be the only one... Just sayin.

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
                          That was my thought when I first learned of motorcyclists carrying some form of weighted whips. You might think you're a badass SOB on your Harley with a braided leather thing hanging off of your handle bars, but I'm in a stable, heavy vehicle. Game on.
                          Last edited by elsueco; 05-29-2014, 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Kat600noob View Post
                            It's true I have witnessed this once, dude got messed up. Nobody stopped but me to help him either. I blocked him with my truck for safety and kept him stationery until EMS arrived. Take it slow where there are a lot of parallel parked cars, please.
                            2001 GSX600F Katana

Comment

out should be mentioned that ATTGATT should be practiced at all times too!

Comment

Working...
                              X