X

Looking for Fuel Injected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Fuel Injected

currently have a 97 Kat 750. I like the power and the feel of the ride but I may be in the market for something newer and I would like to have something injected. I'm not sure at what years different bikes went FI so if someone could make suggestions that would be awesome! Also, trying to stay around (preferably under) $5k. Thanks!
    1997 Kat 750. Work in progress. Keep you up to date!

CBR 600 F4i

SV1000s
    Semper Fi
    1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

03+ sv650
      sv1000
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I was thinking that since he already had a 750 he might want something with a little more power thn the SV650, hence the SV1000. At least thats the bike I want.
        Semper Fi
        1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

my buddy has a cbr f4i 600 that is stronger than the 600 kat and about 100 lbs lighter. it packs about 115hp (give or take). How much hp does the kat 750 have? I would think that if the cbr is lighter and has more hp then you could save some money on insurance compared to something with more cc. Just a thought...
          Godspeed
          CSBA #1167
          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by 600Kat4EB View Post
            my buddy has a cbr f4i 600 that is stronger than the 600 kat and about 100 lbs lighter. it packs about 115hp (give or take). How much hp does the kat 750 have? I would think that if the cbr is lighter and has more hp then you could save some money on insurance compared to something with more cc. Just a thought...
            I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 1997 750 was making about 100hp... I am pretty happy with the power, but a little more wouldn't hurt! I also wouldn't mind a little lighter so the CBR might be the way to go! Anyone know a year/price I can consider a good price or a deal?

Also I should've been more specific...I am a full faring guy... Nothing against the sv's, just not my style! Keep up the ideas though! Definitely got me looking. 100+ hp would be ideal!
            Last edited by lindelium18; 08-12-2008, 07:49 PM.

Comment

The SV1000's had optional lowers to make them full faired........... check this one out. It's a little over your price, but it gives you an idea....

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                The SV1000's had optional lowers to make them full faired........... check this one out. It's a little over your price, but it gives you an idea....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem
                That is a little better looking in my opinion, but if I am going to pay 1000 insurance, I want 1000 power. While I am sure 120hp is plenty to do anything I need... I can get at least close to that in a 600. Still, I appreciate the info!

Comment

Do you guys have any thoughts of the CBR 954RR? They were only 02 and 03, but they seem like good bikes for what i am looking for. More power but reasonable and can handle the twisties? Anyone want to add something?

Comment

I'm sure you already know this, but all Katanas are carbureted. The next Suzuki step up would be the GSXR. I repaired a damaged 2003 GSXR 600 and love the power. The ride is quite different, more power, lighter weight, lean forward more, and you better look for police officers in your rear view mirror.
                    Nelsonind

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonind View Post
                      I'm sure you already know this, but all Katanas are carbureted. The next Suzuki step up would be the GSXR. I repaired a damaged 2003 GSXR 600 and love the power. The ride is quite different, more power, lighter weight, lean forward more, and you better look for police officers in your rear view mirror.
                      Nelsonind
                      Yes, you are correct in that I am aware that Kats = carbs. I dont really like the 98+ body anyway. Current picks are CBR 954, 01+ GSXR600 or 750, 03+ CBR 600RR, or 03+ R6. Input?

Comment

I love the gsxr's myself, but i did here the 02 750's had a 2nd gear issue. I wanted one of the new 600, but the cost was to much so i choose the 08 zzr 600 it's not Fuel injected, but cheaper and pretty nice - Insurance is only $336 a year for all year riding (it doesn't stop over the "non-riding season") Good luck! I hope you find what you're looking for.
                        Godspeed
                        CSBA #1167
                        Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                        X