Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with a couple hundred whacks later....
    The Rear Rim/Tire finally came off.
    Yep - i need a new castle Nut- I royally tore this one up - hehe
    I got the Nut off the swing arm- it wasn't torqued down AT ALL!!!
    now just to yank the Dog bones and the shock and im good to go

Comment

oh Matt, there is threading inside of the lower shock mount. I don't know why malloc's kat had one and my 750 and yours did not. however- i didn't feel safe and i threw a nut on it anyway- all about peace of mind
      **Swingarm pivot Bolt still will not budge**

I am slowly getting the dogbones and lower control lever off the bike. from the looks of them right now- Yep- powercoating is in order...

Comment

If you're thinking powder, think about everything you want coated at the same time and get a price break. I'll carry the stuff to my guy to get my best price for ya.

Meanwhile, want a set of dogbones to raise the rear by an inch?

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I dunno right now, They are still attached to the Swingarm, but the swingarm is now on the ground (Finally) after i had a "If you dont come off I will part your *** out on KR." talk with the bike- I will take pics of the bolt (really ugly) and the swingarm to see what i was beating the shiate out of for the better part of of 4 weeks

Comment

i had to use an air hammer to start driving the swing arm pivot bolt thru the frame and swingarm once the nut was off. Once i got it to move a few inches, a hammer and a long 3/8" ratchet extention finished off the job. I think i worked at the whole swingarm dogbone mess for a couple 3 days before it was totally apart.

Had a absolute field day getting it all back together too. I think it was 4 times the swing arm was dropped and reinstalled before it was all back where it was seposed to be. scratched the new paint on the swing arm when it didnt clear the center stand stop rotating the swingarm up into place. pizzed me way off. I also found that the chain guard does not like to go back on after the swing arm and stock dual exhaust is in place first.
            99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

update time once again.....
              I been whacking at the Kat on and off for the Last two weeks (mind you with very little time to do so)
              One of the guys at work made me a serious offer on my Cavalier (which the 1200 dollar special was bought for in the first place) So while i was working on the 600's valve adjustment and Oil change- the 750 got some serious attention.
              In short I removed pretty much the entire tail end of the bike. I was planning on going the 03+ Tail route, but I second thought on it, and after a while the Original Tail Kinda Grew on me- its different. So the bumble bee tail stays. I got some plans for storage under the tail fairings- and having one that splits in two is alot better than one that doesn't (Im planning on mounting a small First aid Kit (yes CP more than one Bandaid- hehe) on the Tail rail, and mounting the Fairing back over it- nothing fancy, but something for those - oh hell moments. So work continues. The Tail pan, left tail plastics are back on (tail light as well) Rear Turn signals are mounted (I still have to clean up the borked up Fender chop done by who ever had this bike before CP. i'm just gonna make it Even- it was apparently cut when the bike was on its side stand).
              Wiring harness. I had removed the entire wiring harness with the hopes of replacing it- yeah right- im in time crunch mode ( i got to figure out the Trick of the Clutch switch bypass gimmick which has given me a headache since day one) the harness has gone back onto the bike- the tail and rear turnsignals are all attached to the harness again. Ran the Right side of the harness up the frame.(mounted with new Zip ties) Re mounted the Bird cage and Headlight surround. and the Gauges are back on the bike. I still have the Left side of the bike to wire down which will be taken care of later today. I hope to have some more work on the rear rim done by the end of the weekend i still got to change the sprockets do the rear brakes and Torque bar (needs re-painting badly) and get them on the bike- no pics yet but soon.

Right now i would guess she is around 50% back together- give or take a percent or two...

Comment

Okey Dokey.... I been slacking on the picture side of life- so here we go

This is what we seen last of the 1200 DS

alot of things have changed while i been working on it....

First time the poor kid's been outdoors in months (it rained about 20 minutes later- grrr)

when i was finishing up the Paint work on the 600- i had some left over and sanded, primed and painted the Tail and the grab bar.

Yeah i was doing some wiring work on the side of the bike so one side was still off until today.....

Tail, tail Lights, Chain , Sprocket Installed Cush bearings replaced

I had this thing about having Twin Kats.....
                Shadup about the ashtray - i know i need to quit smoking- hehe)

She even earned her Liscene Plat and her "Willy G" Skulls back today

Different Angle - shows the Swingarm and Rear Rim setup real nicely....

She's getting there....

Comment

I forgot a pic....

Thanks Thom- hehe

Comment

October Update: (Im gonna do monthly updates from now on for this thread)

I made out three orders total to ronayers for various parts
                    1) was a set of Fule tank Bolts, Spacers, etc etc
                    2) Was various Nuts (including the new swing arm nut, Upper Dogbone nut, and the Castle nut for the Rear axle)
                    3) The big Package- The New Coil and a few more bolts (due here in a couple days)

I been a little busy and the bike has sat much of October (turning a wrench here and there when possible) When i re-installed the Wiring harness wrong- i let the bike sit.
                    Enter a nail in the rear Tire of the 600 (thank god it didn't go all the way thru the tire) money set aside for the first part of body work got eaten by a new tire for the 600- grrr.
                    While the 600 was down I took most of it apart for a wiring diagram. I parked the 600 next to the 750 and started comparing the Wiring routing through the bike. after a couple hours (and a couple beers) the 750 is properly re-wired.

Tomorrow i hope to find a shop to mount my old Z-6 on the rear rim and at least get decent rubber on the rear end of the bike. Once that is done and the Package 2 is installed- i can finally say that the mechanical side of the bike is Done. Every physical issue that plauged this bike has been addressed- took me a bit longer than i wanted. but its done. When Package three arrives and get installed- I hope to have this bike running on of all days -Halloween.
                    I will post a pic of the 1200 Special on Halloween

What is left??
                    I still have to grab some more bolts here and there. I am up in the air on replacing the slightly bent main set. depends. But all that is really left is Doing the brakes and sourcing up a body for the machine. after riding the 600 for 3 years i want to take this bike in a similiar direction that Waltari and Kwebbel took their Kats. a custom designed fairing set up. Im probably gonna blend parts from Various Bikes and go to town. I will say one thing- It will be a 98+ Kat of a different Flavor when I am done.

See ya'll on Halloween

Comment

myspace
                      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

+1 on the cant wait to see the completely work
                        so many roads so little time

Comment

Great update! More pictures are welcome!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

small update.
                            I started doing some final button up work to anticiapte for the arrival of the Coil I ordered. The Chrome D&D pipe got installed today. then i hit a snag. Apparently I ordered the wrong nut from Ron ayers, and I tore the upper Dog bone bolt (and the new nut all to hell) I tried using the lower Nut and it ate that one as well- Looks like Im ordering a new set of Upper and Lower Dog bone Bolts in the next few days (make sure this crap is right). Finally, The Sprocket cover went back on- when the hell did i take it off- i dont remember really, but everything went back on smooth and the clutch cable has been routed to the New cluth Lever assembly i got thru CP (no more sticking Clutch Lever -Yay!!)

Im still planning on Attempting to fire this girl up on Halloween- even if i got to thief the battery from the 600 to do it.

Comment

I ought to have the bolt & nut for the dogbones here, if you need them -- if not, I score them from the Ace Hardware just around the corner (I prefer them to stock anyway -- Metric grade 8.8, 5 to 10mm longer than stock, made out stainless and matched to a stainless nylock nut).

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Coil Arrived today with the Rear Airbox/ Fuel Tank Bracket Mount Bolts- so Friday is gonna be an iteresting dat to say the least...

Comment

Working...
                                X