X

Air/Fuel mixture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air/Fuel mixture

Hi, before I search far some time here...
    I have my carbs right now on the work bench and did my first rough visual synch of them, actually they looked pretty good...
    I was also screwing around with the A/F settings, which were all over the place for the 4 carbs.
    I have found a few posts regarding how many turns I should go out....

I have a Kerker single slip-on, what would you guys suggest I set the A/F at? Does anyone have the same exhaust...?
    Not knowing the history of the bike I would say the carbs have been not modified from OEM... or maybe a stage 1 jet kit, but since I'm not really sure, how could I tell what was done?

I'm still in the process of putting all together...
    --- 1989 Katana 750 ---

Take a look at the needles. If they've got multiple clip positions your carbs have a jet kit installed. Stock needles only have one position. You can also check the size of the main jet, should be printed on it somewhere. (I can't recall what the stock ones are offhand.)
    - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
    2005 F4i -

Comment

Great and quick reply, if I remember it right from Saturday they only had one setting, yeah I looked in the book/ how to and it set to write down the needle settings. There wasn't anything I saw.
      --- 1989 Katana 750 ---

Comment

Looks like you're in the same place as Edbean. With no jet kit and an after market pipe you're going to have to adjust them manually.

Comment

Yep. Sounds like a washer here ... 1/2 turn on the A/F screw there ... Sounds like fun experimentation actually. Hopefully we've got a resident carb wizard who's done this type of thing before who'll chime in.
          Last edited by Kila-Beave; 03-03-2008, 09:28 AM.
          - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
          2005 F4i -

Comment

Well this is what I have to do...
            Budget is not there to get me the jet kit quite yet.

Who has done this before?
            What size washers do I need? How many?
            Any pictures would be nice from someone having done this before...
            --- 1989 Katana 750 ---

Comment

Originally posted by dnargsiefil View Post
              Well this is what I have to do...
              Budget is not there to get me the jet kit quite yet.

Who has done this before?
              What size washers do I need? How many?
              Any pictures would be nice from someone having done this before...
              Yeah,, I don't know. I think it was posted here..
              Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
              From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
              Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
              From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
              this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

These may help/

Comment

Working...
              X