X

Raise 89 KAT1100 bars a bit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise 89 KAT1100 bars a bit?

Hello again - I made some bar riser spacers out of hard rubber hockey pucks a few years ago...raised the bars about 1.25-inches and it was "just right" for my neck/back/reach etc.

I am looking for something more over-the-counter that has a nice fit and perhaps a bit more rise.

What do you KatYodas suggest?

Thanks!

Swamp

I'd like to see a pic of your mods to the bars - sounds interesting.
    2005 GSXF750 Katana
    1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
    1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

I tossed them - they got soft with age....hence lookig for something more legit.

Comment

Bueller? Bueller? Are you guys telling me that none of you have raised your bars on your Katana 1100s? Just CANT be - can it?

Comment

Well, I certainly want to...either i figure out a way to make this bike more comfortable, or she goes.
          93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

on the naked kats thread there's how I raised the bars
            ..still have to ride the thing though
            Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

I saw that - not really looking to go to dirt bike style bars though....I'll do some searching.I hav a buddy who works in a CNC shop - if I make some up perhaps I can sell em to fellow Kat Owners?

Comment

Swampy: If you get some made up put me on the want list!
                2005 GSXF750 Katana

Comment

on trhe german site there's some pictures of raisers
                  ..lenker is the word for handlebar in german

Comment

on trhe german site there's some pictures of raisers
                    ..lenker is the word for handlebar in german

Comment

Steve: Got pics?
                      2005 GSXF750 Katana

Comment

just looked at the pics of your bars....

ok it's your bike and you may be wanting to keep the costs down, but to me that looks so messy ....

i went the renthal bars route and a pair of bolt on risers off another jap bike (cheapest risers), it's not quite as tidy as i'd like it, top yoke needs a cover....

you could do similar to me but use low (flat) chrome jap bars and risers off different models, various cruisers use bolt on risers as do (i think) bandits, so you could experiment with the bar positioning just by changing risers, some are cranked slightly which will alter your riding stance a little and there's various width/height/pullback bars on the different make/models....

a little experimentation should sort you someting tidy that you are happy with...

you got a local breaker that you get on with ?? maybe he'll let you experiment on his doorstep if you take a couple of spanners with you (mine lets me take stuff home to try out )
                        Attached Files
                        it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

bandit top tree!
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

a good samaritan on another site floated me some bar raisers to try from his now gone Kat 1100 but they dont fit - he had a 1990 and I have an 1989. Why did they change the tripple tree and bars
                            Last edited by Swampy; 11-15-2007, 03:31 PM.

Comment

same reason they change anything, technology

I know, it sux but what are ya to do?

How about fabing your own risers? I think some flat stock aluminum will work
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X