X

Road Graffiti

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Graffiti

Ive been noticing more and more of it in the areas I ride in. Everything from "God loves you" to "Hyde your daughters" to "RIP etc etc to "Seniors Rule" and all types of artwork. Most of it, except for the artwork, spray painted in silver or white. This is on country roads, not in the city oddly enough....I don't remember seeing it very much until this year. Fortunately I haven't come across any fresh stuff.. yet !

I guess once their down with bridge overhangs, playground walls, and city building they're moving to streets now.

Anybody else find this stuff prevelant where you ride?

in philly the road graffiti is mostly rock band info
    You're Welcome,
    - The Social Invalid

Comment

lol, madness
      around here it'd be "Git 'er done!" or nothing
      Live and Lean.
      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      Romans 3:23

Comment

we have a "start" and a half mile later a "finish" on a long lonely road out here. Can't figure out what it's for????

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
          lol, madness
          around here it'd be "Git 'er done!" or nothing
          That's the redneck code for, "Hey the party is over here, beer is in the fridge on the front lawn"

Comment

The only legible road-graffiti I've seen lately were the word "SLO" misspelled on the various decreasing-radius turns around the rally area (like on the Cherahola). Personally, I thought the warning was well-done and am glad it's there. I've seen some symbols and directions (arrows, etc) in various places here over the past few years...

Just be careful -- when it rains, on smooth-surfaced roads, painted graffiti can turn into the equivalent of slippery ice...

Best Graffiti I've seen to date:
            Pompeii, in Latin, dug out from under the ashes where it was painted about 2000 years ago:
            "I'm an athiest -- I don't believe in Zeus"
            Tampa, FL, in English (recently painted over, unfortunately):
            "YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU OWN."

What did Simon & Garfunkel sing about graffiti in one their songs... Oh, yeah, from The Sounds of Silence
            "And the sign said the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls, tenament halls..."

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

People here seem to freak out when they see tagging.
              (My wife included) I recognise that "tagging" like all
              "urban" trends filter down to the mainstream..
              (Bling, it's not just for gangsters anymore)
              Being in an area with a lot of "artists"
              we get a lot of graffiti and street art.
              Some of it is really cool.
              (like the one of food ) There seems to be
              a collection of random words sprayed around lately though. My son and I are trying to find them and
              see if it is random or part of some street Haiku.

Comment

Funny you should mention it Matt. I saw this one just the other day and thought of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                  we have a "start" and a half mile later a "finish" on a long lonely road out here. Can't figure out what it's for????
                  That's to tell the construction workers where to start and finish doing the roadwork. I have come across a random spraypainted penis with the words suck it on a road out in winterstown.

Comment

but without tags we would not have grandthief auto.

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
                      Originally posted by Bob
                      That's to tell the construction workers where to start and finish doing the roadwork. I have come across a random spraypainted penis with the words suck it on a road out in winterstown.
                      Chris, Im sure you've seen some of this in Dover, down Davidsburg Rd. I see alot of it there when I ride down to my sisters place.

Oh and Junior !!

You suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : KISS RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                        Originally posted by macgyver
                        Originally posted by Bob
                        Chris, Im sure you've seen some of this in Dover, down Davidsburg Rd. I see alot of it there when I ride down to my sisters place.

Oh and Junior !!

You suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : KISS RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Well I don't normally travel down Davidsburg road that often but I might have to make a special trip now just to see some of the graffitie. I think the reason why it is done on these back country roads is because the chances of getting caught are slim because of the less traffic flow.

Comment

our town is small and boring nobody even knows how to write there name. graffitie is out of there grasp lol.in the bigger citys i have been i like seeing the tagged walls, bridges,and older box trains (not on cars or transit rides=tacky)
                          a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
                          so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

it's alot easier i'd imagine to get away w/spray painting on a lonely country road, than in the middle of a city where cops patrol regularly... but we dont have any of that around here where i'm at. atleast not that i've noticed yet.

Comment

Ive been noticing more and more of it in the areas I ride in. Everything from "God loves you" to "Hyde your daughters" to "RIP etc etc to "Seniors Rule" and all types of artwork.
                              "Seniors Rule": I'm picturing an old dude with a walker and a can of Krylon...
                              '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Working...
                              X