Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Paint...Flat Silver or Metallic Silver???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint...Flat Silver or Metallic Silver???

I am in the process of re painting my bike. I'm going with black for the top and rear fairings (no metallic or pearl in the paint...just shinny black) and I can't decide what to paint the lower fairings. I have been lookin for a nice light chromish silver, but can't find one without metallic in it. I don't mind using the metallic, but I've heard a lot of people tell me that a non-metallic paint on the top, and a metallic paint on the bottom wouldn't look good. Anybody got any ideas or comments about this...I've been killin myself tryin to figure out what the hell I';m gonna do. Thanx
    ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

Go with ALL metallic silver. EVERYWHERE. Then black accent pieces like rims, screen, etc..

Black has been done. Metallic silver is somewhat different on a Kat!

Comment

It's all a matter of taste. Personally, if I were going a silver on the lower-fairing, I'd go with a bedliner style material because it's easy to clean and makes the surface more impervious to rock-damages (chipping, etc). But that's just me and I'm big on functionality over image...

You might want to search KR for vacuum chroming, which is how Speedee got his lower fairing literally chromed.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

silver paint is made from the metallic pigments so there is no true non metallic silver only ultra fine or micro pigment
        here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
        http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

I believe Plasti-Coat makes a silver colored paint that is non-metallic. I think my Dad used it for his old BBQ. He got the paint at the local auto store.
          2005 Aprilia RST1000
          2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
          1998 Chevy Tahoe
          www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

i would go all black myself but I really like orange.

Comment

Working...
            X