Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

So you wanna know what cops really think about us ????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is stupid. i hate people like that who have no heart. my best friend is in the airforce being a cop, and thats what he wants to do when he gets out. he has a heart of gold for things that need to be done. he can't stand rapists, abusive husbands, etc. but he'll never say or think "i hope he crashes". its sad what people these days are capable of thinking and saying. its one thing to gripe about squids going 150 down the freeway, but wishing crashes and death upon them, that is something completely different.
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

No problem with that topic. You get stupid and run and LEO finds you bleeding in the street, YOUR gonna expect them to jump to help you out? You want them to be all warm and fuzzy? Try talking to hospital workers that deal with mangled bodies, makes the LEO sound like weenies.
      Darrel
      '04 Honda F4i

Comment

Darrel..it took me like 10 minutes of hard thinkin to figure out what LEO meant.

Comment

It is very heartless, and sadly I'm not suprised. I do however see their point about catching the criminal but i totally disagree about them braging about the crash . In reality however most police officers I have met were a-holes , I have a costom chevy tahoe W/ a caddy conversion , rims , the works . I get pulled over left and right just becouse they figure I have got to be a dealer or a gang banger . No matter what I say they never belive me . I can tell them all day that I'm a decent person and I'm none of the things that he is thinking but it never doas any good . What I"m trying to get at is screw them , what goes aroung comes around and if they don't get to see it come around in this life they will defenatly see it on judgement day. But don't get me wrong there are decent cops out there , just not that many.
          Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
            Darrel..it took me like 10 minutes of hard thinkin to figure out what LEO meant.

Me too!

Comment

What do you expect from peeps that have to deal with the dregs of society all day, every day? Granted, they don't have to talk/be like that, but they have their own clique too, it comes with the job. It's an Us vs. Them attitude. Read this thread: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...threadid=27330 Anybody who calls somebody else a "wannabe" is a person who thinks they're all that and a bag of chips. "You wannabe, you'll never be as cool as me." Whaaaaatever.

That board, as stated by a poster, is probably the power trippers. I'd imagine the actual good cops that want to "serve and protect", are not represented by these 'members' and more importantly, their attitude.

BUT, how many law-breaking, scumbag-theives do you think you'd have to deal with before you got tired of them, and started to generalize.

Stolen bike? High speed chase? No regard for the public? Let them crash and die - that's the risk they take when they do the crime. I'd imagine it's sweet revenge (to some of the angry cops) when a runner crashes considering how many get away. Ego is a situation they address in the police academy, and for good reason. We're all human, regardless of our jobs.

If you're not the dork doing 130 and running from the cops, you have no worries. If you're going to endanger everybody on the road who is innocent and steal things at the same time, then you get what you deserve.

I wouldn't want their job considering the JERKS they have to deal with, daily.
              Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

To be an officer and see what they see on a regular bases, you have to laugh it off. If it is held in then everything makes you crazy. For instance I have an uncle that was a EMT/firefighter, he had to go on a call for a single car accident it was his son and a friend. The son lost four teeth, they were in the steering wheel. Neither guy was wearing their seat belts. They hit a phone pole at about 70 mph. totaled the car and the son's face. The other guy was ejected and came out of it with minimal injuries.

Now that said, how can you not at least talk about it. Can you just imagine what he is going through mentally? MHO
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Back in my EMT days, we always talked about it. we had to vent that way, relieve stress, and just clear our minds.

but we'd never say anything like that in public..just to our running mates..and we never made light of any situation..just dont understand those peeps at all.. cops or not!

Comment

I can understand some of what these guys are saying. My educational background is Law Enforcement. Long story, but I know the culture and some of what they go through daily.

How would you like to be the guy NOONE likes to see coming? Fireman? He's coming to save your house or your kitty. EMT? He's here to save Aunt Edna. The Cop? He's here to arrest somebody, cite you, do the dirty work. Then put your butt on the line (literally)everyday for a wage that drives most cops to work two jobs to support their families.

There are jerks everywhere. We call them squids if they are on bikes. What makes Cops any less likely to have a few people with no filter between their mouth and their brain? They need a little more leaway.

Matt, great points.

[/soapbox]
                    AMA member # 224227

Comment

I was bothered by a few things they said. The one thing that really gets me is how the officer unarrested the perp!! Officers are out there to protect not be concerned with tax payers money. WTF does he care, that was a BS statement from him.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
                        What do you expect from peeps that have to deal with the dregs of society all day, every day? ...

Stolen bike? High speed chase? No regard for the public? Let them crash and die - that's the risk they take when they do the crime. I'd imagine it's sweet revenge (to some of the angry cops) when a runner crashes considering how many get away. Ego is a situation they address in the police academy, and for good reason. We're all human, regardless of our jobs.

If you're not the dork doing 130 and running from the cops, you have no worries. If you're going to endanger everybody on the road who is innocent and steal things at the same time, then you get what you deserve.

I wouldn't want their job considering the JERKS they have to deal with, daily.
                        Mostly good points. There is still a HUGE difference in being glad the moron is not endangering any more lives, and being glad that he got mangled in a horrible accident.

Something tells me that he wouldn't have been anywhere near as happy if he ran out of gas, and got arrested and put in jail for 20 years.

"Getting whats comming to them" isn't life in a hospital, its life in prison.
                        This is the line between enjoying your job, and sadism. Not a "Oh, I'm glad he isn't on the road anymore". It's a "Great!!! His leg flew off!! WOO, look at that sucker fly...!

Much like the difference between someone who wins a boxing match, and someone who wins the boxing match, then beats the other guy to death on the ground. Same thing, more extreme. And in a position of trust, that is unacceptable. By the way, Don't even get me started on politicians...

But yes, No worries for those who don't commit crimes.
                        It's only ok to revel in the suffering of others if they are bad people.

/soap box

Comment

Interesting read. Whatever valid points he may have had were completely lost to me in such a horrible delivery. It's sad, but I do believe this attitude exists. Good guy got bad guy, he should have left it at that. But making comments like this only adds fuel to the fire that burns against the law enforcement of this country.

Comment

cops can kiss my white ass. not because of doin there job, but because of their attitudes and power trips they seem to think they can be on.
                            i don't know about anyone else but their "scare" tactics really don't work on me. i know my rights and the sort.

Comment

That guy sounded like a moron. It sounded like a poor attempt to tell a shitty story. Whether that guy was a cop or not the whole story sounded like bull$hit. Gimme a break. As a rider I'm not angry, I'm angry as a person who just wasted 5 minutes reading that crap.
                              :bsflag: :flipping:
                              And whoever said that adds fuel to the fire, you're right, it makes me want to give em the finger when I don't stop FU!
                              Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

word on the forums is that it's a BS (fake story) post by a guy that's not even a cop.
                                You got it.
                                Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

Working...
                                X