X

Brake light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake light

I just bought a back off protector for my brakelight , anyone know which wire I need to splice into?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Ok..... what is a "back off protector" ???

Comment

Depends on how many wires it has on the unit. If it is a unit that has two wires then you would wire it in to the brake line. As said above what the he!! is a back off light...would that not be called a brake light
      Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Haggisman
        Depends on how many wires it has on the unit. If it is a unit that has two wires then you would wire it in to the brake line. As said above what the he!! is a back off light...would that not be called a brake light
        stay away from his wiring!

I do believe the "BACK OFF" light is an additional brake light that actually says Back off....you should only need one wire to brake light...and one to ground (take a tester....ground one end...then stick it in the leadfs...should only have power when you hit brake!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
          stay away from his wiring!

I do believe the "BACK OFF" light is an additional brake light that actually says Back off....you should only need one wire to brake light...and one to ground (take a tester....ground one end...then stick it in the leadfs...should only have power when you hit brake!
          I think youre the one that's wrong on this one. The Back off is a brake light modulator, makes your lights flash when you hit the brakes.

Here's the link to Signal Dynamics site:

Manufacturing Motorcycle Safety products in the USA for nearly 25 years!

Intall instructions are here:

Manufacturing Motorcycle Safety products in the USA for nearly 25 years!
          I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Is that not what I just said.....beware of Range..he breaks garage doors!!!
            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Is that not what I just said.....beware of Range..he breaks garage doors!!!
              I fixed it!

and THANK GAWD...I thought that the BACK OFF that i conceived was REALLY cheesy!

Comment

Ur right wingspan , it is a Light modulator to make the brakes flash an it doas only have one wire.

Comment

hmm maybe i shuold get one. are they cool or lame looking? i dont want all sorts of people staring at me at night when my brake lights driving them nutz

Comment

Originally posted by lucky6man
                    hmm maybe i shuold get one. are they cool or lame looking? i dont want all sorts of people staring at me at night when my brake lights driving them nutz
                    Yes you should. I'd rather drive them nuts, than have them not see me.
                    I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
                      Originally posted by lucky6man
                      Yes you should. I'd rather drive them nuts, than have them not see me.
                      but they'll still cry foul either way, but atleast we can pi$$ them off alittle bit if nothing else!

Comment

anything brighter that attracts attention to yourself is a good idea

Comment

My whole reason to get it was to be seen . I'm a new rider so anything that helps I'm willing to try . The way it works is that it wil blink 3 times then stay on for 3 seconds and then blink and so on .

Comment

yea but its so expensive i still havnt saved up to bring my bike in and get tuned up and the jet kit installed.

Comment

Working...
                            X