Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What would it take for you to give up your Kat ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my bike, but with a great price on a hayabusa, I will forget I ever owned one
    Big Cory
    SBFMC 707
    2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Men in black suits made me forget a whole bunch of stuff once. It happened right after the space ship took me up and did weird things to me. But I don't remember any of that of course.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Lou, this must have been one those examples of you going off the subject huh?
        Big Cory
        SBFMC 707
        2005 Hayabusa

Comment

What are you talking about? There are subjects to these things?????
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I'd keep my Kat through pretty much anything. It started from a frame and I watched it grow and become something from nothing. It's a part of me. That being said. Give me a hayabusa, or a '05 Raven R1 and I'll let her go forever.

Comment

For a short time I had both my Katana and my GSXR. I wish that I could have been able to afford to keep both, as I loved my Kitty for commuting and just puttin' around.

Alas, I couldn't keep them both...but this is what it took to give up my Kat.

An 02 GSXR 750, full Yosh, aftermarket pegs and grips, tank pad, doublebubble shield...all for $3, 500.

You got it.
              Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                Men in black suits made me forget a whole bunch of stuff once. It happened right after the space ship took me up and did weird things to me. But I don't remember any of that of course.
                2 words.. anal probe
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by BeekMan
                  I'll never get back what I've put into it so I'll be keeping it until it dies.
                  +1, less the mods part! LOL!! My "mods" have been easy to do, maybe i will try now give she a decent look with the extra set of wrecked fairings, but I´m realistic, a 15 year old bike with more of 150000 km on it (old engine 93400 and new one 63600), who gonna pay a decent amount of money. So, I will keep she until she dies too (track day bike wanna be!) 8)
                  PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I'd probably let her go if I got a good price on an FZ1 or VFR.

Comment

I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

1 million dollars would certainly buy me a nice new Kat, and alittle left over for mods too

Comment

Originally posted by Reece
                          An 02 GSXR 750, full Yosh, aftermarket pegs and grips, tank pad, doublebubble shield...all for $3, 500.

Who did you have to beat down to get it for that price!!??
                          sigpic

Comment

As much as I love the Kat, it wouldn't prevent me from upgrading.

Comment

1 million, then i buy a few Kats and GSXR
                              @SpezialK: They are all yours
                              West of Germany
                              greetz Carsten

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                                Who did you have to beat down to get it for that price!!??
                                dude, it's kind of an interesting story...I had sent a thousand dollars to this guy in VA for a 2000 model 750 that had been wrecked, but only really needed new plastics. There was a small ding in the frame, but he assured me that it was ok and had a rebuilt title.
                                Anyway, I sent him the deposit and as I'm making arrangements for somebody like SOULRIDER or somebody in VA to pick it up for me, he finds out that his insurance agent lied to him and that it was a salvage title...or actually that there was no title on it and it was going to be a big pain the butt to get it registered in GA.
                                He was cool and said that if I wanted him to send me back the deposit to just let him know. So I slept on it and made the sad decision to get my money back.
                                I wrote him on a Saturday night before going to bed and asked him to send me the money back. I got up Sunday morning all depressed because I had been shopping for a GSXR 750 for a couple of months and now the "deal" I had found had fallen through.
                                So I get up and go into the kitchen that Sunday and I hear my roommate's phone ring. About five minutes later he comes out of his room and asks me, "Did you tell that guy that you want your money back?"
                                I'm like "yeah..."
                                He then asks me, "wanna buy an 02 750 for $3500?"
                                I'm like, "hell yeah!"

Turns out that a friend of my roomy that he races with had a friend in jail. The guy got popped on a probation violation and had been sittin' in the pokie for a couple of weeks and was ready to get out! He made the decsion to sell the bike...originally asking $5000, but when nobody came up with the cash, he dropped it down to $3500 - and that's when his "circle of friends" got a little bit bigger!

I went down that evening and gave them a grand and signed an IOU for the rest and his friends signed an agreement saying that they wouldn't sell the bike until I could get the rest of the money (3 business days).

As for the guy in jail, he got what was coming to him. While he was in jail, they found a meth lab in his backyard! They let him get processed out of jail and the way I heard it, while he was walking down the hall to get out of jail, three guys in suits stood up just ten ft. from freedom and arrested him again and marched him right back to the slammer!

Meanwhile, I love the gixxer! 8)
                                You got it.
                                Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

Working...
                                X