No announcement yet.
X

Reverse Glow Gauges.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There used to be a how-to on how to make your own white face gauges on katana planet. As for glow gauges I think you are out of luck.

Comment

What will it take to get the post-98 gauges to work with a pre-98?

Comment

Well for starters they won't fit. And when I say they won't fir I mean they won't fit. Secondly they are 100% electronic. The speedo gets it's readings from a magnetic sensor on the crank shaft, unlink the pre98 cable from the front wheel. That is just two of the major hurdles you would have to over come. Not to mention figuring out how to get the tach to work, and the fuel gauge.

Comment

Gauge Install

I actually just installed the reverse gauge from streetraceparts.com on my Kat last weekend. I got the gauges a week earlier but they sent the wrong inverter. I ordered the digital one.
          Very easy and look great.
          Take your time and get someone to help.
          I took half of the backing off and installed the gauges and then pulled the other half off. It worked good but everyone has there own ways.
          Good luck and hope your get them.

Comment

Re: Gauge Install

Originally posted by runsft
            I actually just installed the reverse gauge from streetraceparts.com on my Kat last weekend.
            Have any pics?

Comment

re

try here http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1850
              These are the best ones of the dash I have.

Comment

Re: Gauge Install

Originally posted by runsft
                I actually just installed the reverse gauge from streetraceparts.com on my Kat last weekend. I got the gauges a week earlier but they sent the wrong inverter. I ordered the digital one.
                Very easy and look great.
                Take your time and get someone to help.
                I took half of the backing off and installed the gauges and then pulled the other half off. It worked good but everyone has there own ways.
                Good luck and hope your get them.
                yeah, definately wanna see the pics of these too..especially if you took any as you were working on them.

Comment

OK, Im gonna install these this week, so IM gonna use this thread for reference.

Is it absolutely necessary to change out the bulbs, referenced in page 1..does it look that bad if you dont do it? just curious.

Comment

I didn't change mine out, but I do like the blue better. White clock light blue clock light
                    rock
                    always working on mods

Comment

I like the blue better as well. I hope I can find/get those LED's before I get too impatient and just put them on.

Comment

I'll put one in when I do the mesh mod
                        rock
                        always working on mods

Comment

Originally posted by rockadaous
                          u mean I actually have a mod done that you dont rock?? Geez,

Comment

Hey...I'm thinking about buying the gauges...but I have no experience at all stripping a bike down....this is my first bike (03 Kat 600). Do you guys think it's easy enough that i can do it or should I take it to a shop and get it done there?

Comment

Originally posted by Gil
                              Hey...I'm thinking about buying the gauges...but I have no experience at all stripping a bike down....this is my first bike (03 Kat 600). Do you guys think it's easy enough that i can do it or should I take it to a shop and get it done there?
                              It's easy enough for you to do. just take your time.
                              rock
                              always working on mods

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                                Originally posted by rockadaous
                                u mean I actually have a mod done that you dont rock?? Geez,
                                I'm still thinking it over. I want chrome engine covers. I've been busy work'n on my truck lately
                                rock
                                always working on mods

Comment

Working...
                                X