• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header wrap

Approximately how much would I need to do a 4into1 all the way to the can

Originally posted by bushido8420 View Post
    Approximately how much would I need to do a 4into1 all the way to the can
    I would advise against it, if you want my opinion. Unless you have stainless exhaust, you're wasting your time, and I have seen pipes rust badly from the wrap, on-top of stinking horribly, all the time.
    '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

I have to agree. They make a bike look like it belongs to a homeless person. Have you considered heat paint? I high sided on my brand new 750 Kat at 68 mph years ago...got some fixable fairing damage and long scratches on the can. After sanding on the can, I used black heat paint and it looked very nice. None of my business, just a suggestion. Do as you please, of course.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Why would you want header wrap? The motor is air cooled, it dissipates heat everywhere. Only forced induction would benefit from it.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Literally for looks guys I was just curious about how much would be needed I'm assuming 50 ft will be enough but being the cheapskate I am I was hope 25 would be lol it has no failings and well maybe I will just paint it

I chopped the tail on kinda going for a rat rod look of sorts idk
          Last edited by bushido8420; 03-17-2016, 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

For a good rat look, use height temp rust colored paint then high temp black. Then spot sand threw the black to the rust color.. Saw that on a car build TV show.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Do the header wrap! The point of header wrap is to keep thermal energy in the exhaust. Why is this important? As air cools the exhaust tubes, the gases within cool as well. They then become denser and takes more energy to flow out. Another benefit to keeping the heat in the pipe is not allowing it to transfer to the outside air that flows around the engine. A majority of this is negligible but ask any racer here...any real racer... whether if by an inch or a mile...winning is winning.
              Last edited by merzehades; 05-26-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Did you just quote Fast and Furious?

It may be beneficial if you were racing other Katanas
                Last edited by dano68; 05-26-2017, 11:47 AM.
                2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Wrap is crap. That went out with cassette tapes. It rusts out your pipes prematurely and won't boost hp on a naturally aspirated engine so whats the point? If you really want to insulate them get them ceramic coated. Avoid Jethot because it's junk.

If you're going for a mummy themed bike go for it...

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
                    Did you just quote Fast and Furious?

It may be beneficial if you were racing other Katanas
                    Yes, The Fast and the Furious was quoted.

Comment

Not that I'm totally supporting the idea, but if you keep your bike dry (under a garage and no rain riding), then I don't see why it would rust out.
                      I wrapped my cars turbo downpipe with titanium wrap once and it dry rotted, fell apart within under a year. The next time I wrapped it with fiberglass and silicone coated it. Its rock hard now, like a cast (broken bone cast type hard !). To keep a clean look, I used stainless steel wire twisted tight to keep the wrap locked in place. EDIT: no bulky hose clamps, really clean and un-noticeable the wire is!) Once you silicone coat it, I'm telling you it will water proof and solidify the wrap like a stone !
                      DEI specializes in heat and sound insulation products. This includes heat wrap for headers or exhaust systems, heat shields, sleeve products, & more.

My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Working...
                      X