X

Time for cold weather gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for cold weather gear

Going on a ride through Rocky Mountain National Park tomorrow. Denver is supposed to get a rain / snow mix tonight until about 5am. The road through RMNP goes above tree line and is about 12k feet. If it is icy we will change our plans but will be gearing up.
    Will be wearing
    Gortex pants
    Electric Vest
    and Electric Gloves.
    Expecting it to be upper 20's to low mid 30's above tree line.
    I also installed my hand guard wind deflectors.
    Looks like the first real ride on the PR4's will be putting them to the test.
    I guess summer is over here.

Haha, it's 108 right now....... That storm is a mean one.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah, you get it too "kinda". I remember coming back from San Felipe Mexico on a Honda VT500 Shadow at spring break. Hung out in Palm Springs a bit and then decided to head over to Temecula to get home at around midnight. I was shivering so bad I could hardly keep the bike straight. I still cant believe I did not get hypothermia. That was after sleeping on my motorcycle in Mexico because I listened to someone that said you did not need reservations down there for spring break. Slept on the side of the street with my legs hanging over the saddlebags and head on the handle bars. It was cold enough that I even slept with my helmet on for some warmth.

Comment

when it drops to the eighties all the permanent residents will be bundled up like winter.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Okay...word is that it froze in the Lower Blanco Valley last night and we're at 6,900 ft. Some of the poplar trees I've been raising (200+) have had their leaves go yellow over the past two weeks and are in perfect health. Here it comes...I'm ready.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Snowed in Denver this morning. Was snowing hard on my way to meet other guys for a ride. The PR4's were fantastic.

Comment

Working...
            X