X

Shocks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks

I have a 2003 Katana 600 and I'd like to stiffen up the suspension just a little bit. What would I have to buy to stiffen it and how much will it cost?
    2003 Katana 600
    Loud and Proud

"Stiffen" is a horrible term, you dont want it to be stiff, you want it to react correctly.

Preload, compression and rebound damping, spring rates. These are the things you need to consider when it comes to suspension.

"Stiffening" the suspension is what those losers in civics do when they cut the springs. Ever seen how bad they bounce and still handle like crap?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

What would I need to buy to make my bike react properly? Is it cheap and easy to install?
      2003 Katana 600
      Loud and Proud

Comment

Depends on how involved you want to get with it, and how much you wanna spend.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Check out the wiki and the manual (manual available for download on the site here:
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56167) - it walks you through how to use the adjustments available on your bike. On the 600 there's not a whole ton you can do without modding, but some is better than nothing.
          Modding the suspension is one of the most popular things to do to these bikes tho, apparently the stock suspension leaves much to be desired. I "grew up" on a ninja 250 before my Kat though, so seems decent enough to me, but I also don't canyon carve balls out.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

replacing the soft front springs with proper Racetech springs will improve the handling. new emulators will also help.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
            X