X

More "supermoto"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More "supermoto"

Although, not much super about the little 230. It flicks side to side pretty quick though!

[ame="http://youtu.be/REdpQzx11Uc"]YouTube[/ame]

Smooth & clean... I like the track without the dirt section, you got a real rhythm going on that run!

Comment

almost every time i miss the apex at the end of the long straights it's because of the skinny front tire sliding a little. I felt in the zone for sure though.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun, I like the s's before the last straight.
        I was leaning back and forth on my office chair.

I think your well over 10 grand on some of those downshifts or it could just be how the camera is recording the sound.

I have a vapour (digital speedo) on my DRZ and it records your highest rpm and I've seen some high numbers when I do several quick downshifts. Hate to see the little thumper throw a valve.
        Blackdog
        DRz-400e plated
        Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
          Looks like a lot of fun, I like the s's before the last straight.
          I was leaning back and forth on my office chair.

I think your well over 10 grand on some of those downshifts or it could just be how the camera is recording the sound.

I have a vapour (digital speedo) on my DRZ and it records your highest rpm and I've seen some high numbers when I do several quick downshifts. Hate to see the little thumper throw a valve.
          Yeah, once I got into a groove I was getting very aggressive on the down shifting. I don't have a tach or Vapor unit, I am pretty sure it is not good for the little bike. 10 grand, I am not sure....but it is pretty high.

there are valves/cams/spring kits and rev boxes out there..If i keep riding it at the track i might invest on that. Right now it is strictly a low budget operation (on a low budget bike) which did bite me in the rear when I lost all brakes and ran into those hay bales. One week later and just now the soreness on my knee and shoulder are gone. I am pretty sure i had the effects of a minor concussion for a couple of days

Comment

Is that an abandoned track? Really odd to see an empty track like that.

Looks good man, would love to have access to a track like that. All my tard ever sees is NC twisties and dirt.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

It is a Kart track in the middle of the week. All the other supermotos are taking a break because the riders are out of shape. ON the weekends there is more activity.

Rumor has it that on this one and other nearby tracks some big names like Biaggi, some AMA guys practice on supermoto

Comment

Nice! All our sumo tracks are closing down.
                They used to run sumos on the kart track at Summit Point, but the kart people kept crying about dragging dirt onto the asphalt, so no more tarded races. Yeah, that happened this season, after I got mine in February.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Looks like so much fun. I've been riding a lot of motocross/offroad since I've been down in Florida, (the roads just don't match ours back home). I'm almost willing to sell the 636 for a street legal supermoto. You guys still doing weekly 33 runs?

Comment

Originally posted by kmbphoto View Post
                    Looks like so much fun. I've been riding a lot of motocross/offroad since I've been down in Florida, (the roads just don't match ours back home). I'm almost willing to sell the 636 for a street legal supermoto. You guys still doing weekly 33 runs?
                    not as much lately, this is been a busy year for all...we still go up there once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
                      It is a Kart track in the middle of the week. All the other supermotos are taking a break because the riders are out of shape. ON the weekends there is more activity.

Rumor has it that on this one and other nearby tracks some big names like Biaggi, some AMA guys practice on supermoto
                      Hey I was out there testing with Darryl Atkins about a month ago with Racetech. Working out some bugs in the Aprilia SXV suspension.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                        Hey I was out there testing with Darryl Atkins about a month ago with Racetech. Working out some bugs in the Aprilia SXV suspension.

Tmod
                        Show-off....LOL
                        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

haha I imagine most of the tuning happens on the dirt section...the tarmac seems pretty good.

It's something else watching a pro or semi-pro out there....getting sideways 3/4 of the way down the straight....

Comment

Working...
                          X