X

Grattan Speedway Park Sept 1,2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grattan Speedway Park Sept 1,2012

Here are a couple of videos that I shot last weekend at the track.

Grattan Raceway Park, Intermediate Group

[ame]http://youtu.be/lpPWQ0EOSrw[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/obQ5P_CIXT4?hd=1[/ame]
    Last edited by SGTJimbo_Kat600; 09-06-2012, 12:53 AM.
    Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Awesome! Supergood sessions! That's a great track, your camera showed the elevation change quite well. That front stretch is fast...And I dig that new Bell helmet, is that one of the STG special made ones ?? I'm soooo jealous!

Comment

Thank you! They say if you can ride Grattan you can ride anywhere. It was an OK session, have a lot of room for improvement (which means I get to do more track days WHOO HOO). Very technical track, lots of elevation changes. I wish I had found the track 25 years ago!!!!! So for those of you that have never done a track day DO IT!! Its well worth every penny.

Yes the helmet is the "Born Free Edition". It was the STG Race Team Helmet and everyone loved it so they had a special run made just for STG. The Bell RS-1 is by far the best helmet I have ever owned. Light, comfortable and it flows a lot of air. The Transition shield is awesome too. Same shield for day and night.
      Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

Comment

1986, my first trip to Grattan racing a "Formula-Vee" in the SCCA. Over the years, we did a number of events there. My oldest son and I did an STT event there a few years back. Both of them, Sam & Ted, have always been a big part of my obsession, and the truth is, they're both better riders than I could have ever been. Have you ever done the event when they run it backwards? I've got to get myself one of those helmets...Peter Egan from Cycle World says the visor is the best he has ever used...

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
          1986, my first trip to Grattan racing a "Formula-Vee" in the SCCA. Over the years, we did a number of events there. My oldest son and I did an STT event there a few years back. Both of them, Sam & Ted, have always been a big part of my obsession, and the truth is, they're both better riders than I could have ever been. Have you ever done the event when they run it backwards? I've got to get myself one of those helmets...Peter Egan from Cycle World says the visor is the best he has ever used...
          Yes I have, Counter Clockwise is AWESOME. I think I actually prefer it. I think that next year I am going to try to do a few other tracks like Mid-O, Barber, VIR. If I can come up with the additional funding for my addiction.

That is very cool, two of my kids are very interested in trying it now.

I would have to agree with him. Its worth every penny.

Comment

Ah, Barber this weekend...It's worth the trip just to see the museum. The track was designed for bikes, not cars. STT used to do a package deal in the spring that included two days of riding, and a dinner at (in) the museum that included access to all of the exhibits until midnight. A most beautiful place, the grounds are unreal, the most fan friendly anywhere we have ever gone. It's a trip worth planning for and take the whole family. Camp at the track, or stay close by. While you're down there, take in "Little Talladega" as well!

Comment

Nice videos, that track looks like a blast!
              sigpic"Ya hafta stop to get a drink once in a while" - WalkRunRide.

Comment

It is a great track. Very technical, yet very fun!

Comment

Working...
                X