X

New To Me 2002

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Me 2002

Hi all! This is my first post in this forum. I'm happy to report that I just bought a 2002 gsx750f. I picked it up for a steal ($1000 with only 4K on it). It looks very clean, but the only problem is that it has sat for 8 years. I know I need to drain the fuel, new oil and break fluid ect, and I am fully expecting to have to clean the carbs. Is there anything else I am over looking?

Rawb

Welcome to KR ! Snagged yourself a good bargain there. Good luck with it !
    My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

eah, you are overlooking the tires... probably look ok visually, but are most likely hard as rocks....
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Welcome to KR! Yes, carb cleaning will likely be necessary. Take a look at the tires...even if they look like they have enough tred on them, check the date code to make sure that they are not too old. Old tires get hard and lose traction...they can also crack and cause an unexpected blow out.
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Good price and welcome kr

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
          >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

Ah yes, I knew I forgot something..... I have actually already started to price tires. Any suggestions? I'm looking for an economy tire that will last. I'm just out to ride safely with traffic... I'm done with the clover leaf off the interstate at 100 mph.

Comment

Check anything rubber on the bike, change all fluids,and check
              gas tank for rust
              as far as tires I have been happy commuting on
              my conti motions

Comment

yep conti motions are the way to go . a good tire for cheap.
                im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
                X