X

My Slider Build Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Slider Build Thread

my winter project will be making sliders + some other stuff for bike (changing oil and fork seals, fixing fairings etc..)
    while searching for best solution i ran into these so ill see what can i do about it.. offcourse home made solution
    Attached Files
    sigpic

can someone please measure theese and tell me dimensions of them?

and slider width and long please.
    thanks in advance!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
      can someone please measure theese and tell me dimensions of them?

and slider width and long please.
      thanks in advance!
      it is mine.

I`ll measure and post here later. only the slider or the support also?

Best Regards

Comment

support/carrier for slider and slider please. thank you!
        here i made a sketch of carrier and slider so you just fill in the measurments.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by FJCharlie; 01-03-2012, 05:14 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

update on my progress... will post more pics when i finish them..
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

here you go, finished, now to place them on bike

Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

They look good but you may have a problem with the thickness of the outside piece ( the part the slider bolts into). It's very thick and there isn't that much space between the fairing and the frame. I do understand your point on making it that thick. I hope it will work for you.

Oops. Just noticed the notch in it. Is that so that it will clear the fairing.
              Last edited by BRAUNSTEIN82; 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
              Katana Frame Sliders
              The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
              98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
              I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAUNSTEIN82 View Post
                They look good but you may have a problem with the thickness of the outside piece ( the part the slider bolts into). It's very thick and there isn't that much space between the fairing and the frame. I do understand your point on making it that thick. I hope it will work for you.

Oops. Just noticed the notch in it. Is that so that it will clear the fairing.
                ive thought about that, so i milled the side with one bolt more than center piece because it goes under fairing, center piece sticks out. and center piece is as thick because i need to screw the slider into something.
                havent tried them yet but ill post pics when i do.
                thanks for pointing that out

also i wanted to ask you, why do you make your sliders bolt in, out of center of bracket? they will bend everytime placed that way.
                Last edited by FJCharlie; 02-24-2012, 07:59 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

ok we're done here, all fitted, had to grind some edges because i didnt think it through with fitting it on frame.
                  i'll let photos do the talking.
                  i'll do more images when i finish mesh mod+ sliders.
                  comments please!
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

That looks really good so far. I like how solid the mount is and looks.
                    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
                      ive thought about that, so i milled the side with one bolt more than center piece because it goes under fairing, center piece sticks out. and center piece is as thick because i need to screw the slider into something.
                      havent tried them yet but ill post pics when i do.
                      thanks for pointing that out

also i wanted to ask you, why do you make your sliders bolt in, out of center of bracket? they will bend everytime placed that way.
                      It's on purpose. If you read my thread it explains in detail. In short mine are for low speed falls and to allow a flex point in brackets to reduce risk in frame being twisted/ bent.

Your brackets look good hope the work well I would recomend cutting some more away from the fairing.
                      Last edited by BRAUNSTEIN82; 02-28-2012, 06:47 AM.
                      www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                      Katana Frame Sliders
                      The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                      98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                      I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

there, done, sliders + mesh mod finished 30 mins ago. its not as precise as i would want it to be but its close enough.
                        i'll have to do some minor corrections but this is the final look
                        hope you like it!

ill need to fix some cracks in fairings and repaint those spots, so any ideas with painting spots but not whole fairings?
                        i was thinking spray paint matching and polishing but ill polish all the spray paint off. so ive heard about some corrector paint which are thick and can be polished.

anyone? thanks in advance!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by FJCharlie; 02-29-2012, 11:14 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sliders look good! Don't paint your fairing until after you've tested the sliders to make sure they work! Just kidding
                          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                            Sliders look good! Don't paint your fairing until after you've tested the sliders to make sure they work! Just kidding
                            hahahhaha made me laugh like crazy, good one no sir i dont wanna crash test them, i dont wanna know
                            paint is the reason why i stood 5 meters away from bike when shoot pics
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice work.
                              Is this something you plan on continuing to produce (and sell) or just a one shot deal?

Comment

Working...
                              X