Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

bronze tubes coming from chock rail broke ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronze tubes coming from chock rail broke ?

i bought a non running 88 katana 600.. two of the carbs are broken where the bronze tubing that comes out of the chock. are they necessary or can i just rebuild these carbs and try to get the bike running ?.. thank you for your help im a total bike noobie. but i appreciate any advice you give.

They are VERY necessary.

Comment

here are some pictures of the tube i am talking about.

Comment

I know what you're talking about.

Comment

Hmmm ok thank you, could you possibly name a few sources i could find these parts at a fair price ?, iv checked ebay and they are around 100 to 300 depending on the day, But i only saw them for like 90ish and up. mines an 88 ?. Can i use newer carbs on it ?

Comment

Im pretty sure the 88 uses different carbs than the rest of them. Aren't those brass tubes the sync ports?
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

88 uses BST31SS, so does 89. The choke rail is different. No, those are the choke enrichment tubes. But those are not BST31SS carbs in that photo. Those are BST33SS which are 90-97.

Comment

See, thats why I like my dirtbike carb. Couple jets, a float bowl, a slide, and a slightly smaller hole for the enricher
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Are those YOUR carbs in that photo? Those are NOT 1988 600 carbs. Those are 90-97 600 carbs.

Comment

Kb weld for a cheap fix to get it running

Jb weld for a cheap fix to get it running
                    Last edited by phantasm; 05-29-2011, 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Hobby store, take the carbs with.

Ask for copper fuel tubing. Match up the size.

Make a new one and put it on.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If you do have the wrong carbs, let me know when you get the correct ones. I hav an 88-89 airbox you can have.
                        When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

See, this bugs me. Sign up for an account. Amass 3 whole posts. Ask some type stuff. Post a photo of the wrong thing. Don't answer a question, and never show up again. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X