Motogp\''shorty'' ebay pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i ''jet'' my bike rod?

Comment

I brought this exhaust right b4 I got the Delkevic. It is stupid loud. I ahd cagers clearing the lane when they saw me coming down the lane. Plus I have some H.I.D.'s installed. That pipe sounds nice and all but gave me a headache. I could still hear it in my head even after I got off the bike. I couldn't hear my music and my boys said they couldn't hear their own exhaust next to me.

I had to take it off because the wife said she could hear it on the third floor of our house. Now I have 2 exhaust so I can always switch out when I want to.

Comment

Yeah what kind of tuning is needed after this? I am also looking at this exhaust. If it sounds anything like this, its what I want:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPLdbxdBQ3g"]YouTube - moto gp racing exhaust katana 600[/ame]

You got any sound clips you can post?

Being able to have saddle bags is nice too.

What do passengers think on a short exhaust like this? Do they breathe in too many fumes at a stop?

Is this the exhaust you got? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item2a0b0281e3
        Last edited by gnode; 11-15-2010, 09:22 PM.

Comment

"its 100% street legal".... where the heck is he riding! lol
          "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
          2004 marauder 800

Comment

Pipes save lives, or so my father tells me.

Anyway, just be aware of your areas noise ordinance laws. In my city you can get it for squealing your tires on accident, cant imagine what you get for a pipe like that
            Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

Originally posted by gnode View Post
              Yeah what kind of tuning is needed after this? I am also looking at this exhaust. If it sounds anything like this, its what I want:

YouTube - moto gp racing exhaust katana 600

What do passengers think on a short exhaust like this? Do they breathe in too many fumes at a stop?

Is this the exhaust you got? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item2a0b0281e3

sound is similar, but at idle it sounds deeper I would say. That videos sound quality is hard to judge. I enjoy it though, and my girlfriend, when she rides with me, hasnt complained of fumes, although my friend tells me I smell like pollution (Hes just joking most of the time, he also does periodic checks to make sure his bike is still on when we fire them up side by side because of the noise level)

I have ridden it for about a month and a half(?) now with nothing but thumbs up from the police, I am assuming most of them ride around here.

Side by side to a harley, the Idle is actually on the same obnoxiously-loud meter, but after 5.5k rpm's it gets to sound like a moto-gp-horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Angrytoaster View Post
                sound is similar, but at idle it sounds deeper I would say. That videos sound quality is hard to judge. I enjoy it though, and my girlfriend, when she rides with me, hasnt complained of fumes, although my friend tells me I smell like pollution (Hes just joking most of the time, he also does periodic checks to make sure his bike is still on when we fire them up side by side because of the noise level)

I have ridden it for about a month and a half(?) now with nothing but thumbs up from the police, I am assuming most of them ride around here.

Side by side to a harley, the Idle is actually on the same obnoxiously-loud meter, but after 5.5k rpm's it gets to sound like a moto-gp-horn.
                Ok I am sold.

Just attaches on the stock clamp?

Did you have to jet your carbs?

Anyone know if you keep the stock air filter if you wouldn't really need to modify the carbs? I am going for sound more than performance right now.

Comment

YouTube - moto gp racing exhaust katana 600

That sounds like the motorcycle version of a demolition derby car.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

So if you already have a jetkit and install one of these do you need to adjust anything? A/F?!
                    99 Ford F150 4x4
                    04 Mustang GT
                    2010 Camaro SS
                    06 GSX600F
                    sigpic

Comment

Anyone!
                      99 Ford F150 4x4
                      04 Mustang GT
                      2010 Camaro SS
                      06 GSX600F
                      sigpic

Comment

Um. Yep.
                        "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

Anyone have a guide for this handy? Or how many hours it should cost for a shop to do?

Comment

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks... thats a lot of work.

Ordered my shorty pipe.
                              Last edited by gnode; 11-20-2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks... thats a lot of work.

Ordered my shorty pipe.
                                Yep, welcome to the world of carb tuning.
                                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X