X

Air/fuel mixture Wont run right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air/fuel mixture Wont run right

Hello. I have a 2000 Katana 600. I have been having problems. Bike used to start with choke on, then would die when choke off. Or when I tried to put on throttle it would die out. So I took apart the carbs, they were filled with gunk and gel and you name it. So cleaned, put back on. Now it starts, but idles weird still with choke on, put throttle on a little bit and it revs way up. I have no idea whats going on. I was actually able to drive it once with carbs full of junk haha. I also noticed the mixture screw it about 3.75 turns out. I have a k&n filter, and yoshi slip on, new plugs.

Any one have any idea what I might be missing??
    2000 Katana 600

Originally posted by nicholaskumm View Post
    Hello. I have a 2000 Katana 600. I have been having problems. Bike used to start with choke on, then would die when choke off. Or when I tried to put on throttle it would die out. So I took apart the carbs, they were filled with gunk and gel and you name it. So cleaned, put back on. Now it starts, but idles weird still with choke on, put throttle on a little bit and it revs way up. I have no idea whats going on. I was actually able to drive it once with carbs full of junk haha. I also noticed the mixture screw it about 3.75 turns out. I have a k&n filter, and yoshi slip on, new plugs.

Any one have any idea what I might be missing??

You didn't get the carbs clean enough... so the pilot jets are not flowing/getting enough fuel to idle right.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Pilot jets or the pilot circuits are still blocked.
      I would recommend to take them to a professional and have them clean in an ultra sonic cleaner over night
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks for the response, well hopefully they find something I missed. Cause the carbs were pretty spic 'n span when I was done with them. Just want to get riding haha
        2000 Katana 600

Comment

Go to your local auto parts store and get a bucket of Berryman's Chem Dip

-Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks, I will try that first. Professionals around here want $300 bucks to do it.
            2000 Katana 600

Comment

Just make sure you don't put any rubber or plastic in that chem dip... 'cause you probably won't get it back out again.... at least not in the same shape or consistency.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X