X

My Packing list

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Packing list

This is what I carried for a week on the bike. Note that I went tools-light as I was traveling with two old air heads (the bikes, not the operators). This was an October ride from PA to AL.

7 each T shirts, underwear, pairs of socks
    1 set of sleep clothes
    1 pair shorts
    1 pair jeans
    1 pair sneakers
    Sweatshirt
    Toiletries including baby powder, and gold bond foot powder.

I’m rode in:
    3-season textile jacket and pants.
    Goretex over the ankle boots
    1 Frogg Toggs rain suit
    1 pair summer gloves
    1 pair waterproof gloves
    1 pair gel padded bicycle shorts

1 tinted visor
    1 clear visor

Basic tools for my bike including hex wrenches, the spanner to adjust the chain, 36mm (front sprocket) and 46mm (rear wheel) sockets, 12mm Hex socket, 17mm socket for the swing arm chain release and a ½” breaker bar. Also one small can of Honda polish and a microfiber towel, as well as a few shop rags and a can of chain lube. Fresh tire plug kit.

Cell phone, wallet, keys, camera, extra batteries, etc and the tank bag. I

Netbook computer, tethering cable.

I found out that the waterproof gloves weren't as water proof as I would have liked. On the last day, in the afternoon on the way home... I was still a little cold even with ALL the gear on including the frogg toggs.
    Anything sensitive to moisture I packed in zip lock bags.

I ended up packing anything I didn't need at night into the tail bag, and left the locked-to-the-bike saddle bags on the machine at night. The bags had half my clothes, sneakers, and tools.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

I didn't see my 3 essentials on the list...

Pocket knife, flashlight, and lighter.

hopefully you're never in a situation where you need a good blade and easy fire, but you never know. Prepare for the worst, right?

A cell phone works for a flashlight in a bind, but it's a poor substitute.

Comment

Something I have started caring while I ride long distance is an emergency GPS beacon. My wife bought it last year for me to carry when I go hiking with
      the guys on weekend trips. It's a good add-on since it can get signal when your cell can't and it's about the size of a cell phone too so you can usually find a place to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        1 pair summer gloves
        In the winter time?

Originally posted by steves View Post
        1 pair gel padded bicycle shorts
        How did those work out? I've read about using them on a motorcycle.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by tmk7c9 View Post
          I didn't see my 3 essentials on the list...

Pocket knife, flashlight, and lighter.

hopefully you're never in a situation where you need a good blade and easy fire, but you never know. Prepare for the worst, right?

A cell phone works for a flashlight in a bind, but it's a poor substitute.
          I was traveling with two others, and took that into account with my packing list.

Originally posted by okaytodive View Post
          Something I have started caring while I ride long distance is an emergency GPS beacon. My wife bought it last year for me to carry when I go hiking with
          the guys on weekend trips. It's a good add-on since it can get signal when your cell can't and it's about the size of a cell phone too so you can usually find a place to put it.
          Again, with two others... this wasn't as much of a concern.
          Originally posted by squiggy View Post
          In the winter time?

How did those work out? I've read about using them on a motorcycle.
          Well, Summer gloves, in October, on a trip to Alabama. I turned out not needing them.

As for the bicycle shorts, they made a big difference... however having a proper saddle would have helped even more. I would say they extended my comfort about an extra two hours over the standard seat.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
          X