X

Packing up the Kat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing up the Kat.

Question for you guys. I didnt know where this should go, so I just dropped it in this forum. I have a truck and want to take my Kat with me when I go visit my 'Rents. I dont have a trailer or anything, so I was wondering if there was a way to get it in the truck bed without having to buy an expensive ramp or something? Im pretty strong and have roommates, so I can handle a little pushing and pulling. TIA.

Slim
    Life is like a chess move, you need to make your next move your best move...

sigpic
    Psalm 121

buy a 2x10 and back your truck up to a hill, then just use the 2x10 as the ramp. that's how I ended up doing mine.

Comment

Originally posted by idfjvafnv View Post
      buy a 2x10 and back your truck up to a hill, then just use the 2x10 as the ramp. that's how I ended up doing mine.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by SlimDizzleATL View Post
        Question for you guys. I didnt know where this should go, so I just dropped it in this forum. I have a truck and want to take my Kat with me when I go visit my 'Rents. I dont have a trailer or anything, so I was wondering if there was a way to get it in the truck bed without having to buy an expensive ramp or something? Im pretty strong and have roommates, so I can handle a little pushing and pulling. TIA.

Slim

You can buy a pair of folding "utility ramps" for $60 from Lowes, don't pay the retarded motorcycle shop prices.

Comment

The grocery store near my house had a loading dock that was perfect for driving it into the bed of a pickup.
          If you truly want to be different...just be yourself.

If you can't stand the heat...become a cop
          FIREFIGHTERS RULE

Comment

Originally posted by harpoonjed View Post
            The grocery store near my house had a loading dock that was perfect for driving it into the bed of a pickup.
            Yeah but how do you get the Kat through the frozen food section without getting in trouble..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              Yeah but how do you get the Kat through the frozen food section without getting in trouble..
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Make sure you have a good place to unload it.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. Looks like I will either be getting the 2x10 or the utility ramps.

P.s.- Harpoon, How did you sneak it past the stock crew? I hear they are pretty disgruntled these days...haha.
                  Last edited by SlimDizzleATL; 10-12-2009, 02:45 PM.

sigpic
                  Psalm 121

Comment

Here are some ramp ideas from Harbor freight. I bought a set when I was moving. I put a piece of plywood over the steps in the ranmps and it worked perfectly for moving the heavy appliances and furniture.

"Don't mess with a nation, that needs medication"- Christopher Titus-

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                      Come on, OBVIOUSLY you can't RIDE it through the grocery store. You just push it. Those waxed floors are hell to ride on anyway.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

My old beater toyota works great as a bike hauler .. I can unload by my self .and loading at the curb is a one man job too ..... Now the f-150 4 wheller is a two or three man job as the fairings or pipes hit and it is really alot higher to load onto

Comment

I load all my bikes into the bed of my F-350 4x4 by myself, trick is to back it into a driveway that slopes uphill from the street until the rear tires are at their lowest point in the gutter, and use a decently long ramp. At home I just drop the tailgate and back into the roadside ditch which leaves the tailgate about 3-4 inches off the ground next to the street, and use a 18"wide x 4' long piece of 3/4 ply as a ramp.
                          John,
                          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by idfjvafnv View Post
                            I've done this before myself. The biggest problem is that the Kat is very top heavy, so it's a pain in the butt getting it off the bike while not letting it fall over. I'm not sure I'll do this ever again voluntarily.

You might want to consider getting a U-Haul motorcycle or utility trailer if you can.

Comment

Still havent actually packed it up yet. But im leaning towards the ramps from Lowes.

sigpic
                              Psalm 121

Comment

Working...
                              X