X

oil for katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil for katana 600

i just bought a 2000 katana 600 the other day and of course there is no owners manual. with that said i have no idea how much oil it holds. anybody have any ideas?

it's stamped on the crankcase where you pour in the oil. You may have to remove the belly pan or the right side fairing to see it. I believe it's 3700mL at least for mine.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Mine holds 6 quarts and 10W-40 is stamped on the fill plug.

Comment

10w40 motorcycle oil. 4 quarts.
        sigpic
        »Ross Wendell
        »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by fireball 440 View Post
          6 quarts

Comment

Ditto ^^ 6 quarts?!?
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by butim View Post
              i just bought a 2000 katana 600 the other day and of course there is no owners manual. with that said i have no idea how much oil it holds. anybody have any ideas?
              Make damn sure you don't use ANY oils marked energy conserving. It's best to use a motorcycle oil as a majority of automotive use friction modifiers which will glaze over your clutch.

-Duo
              Ride on, CyberPoet. You will be sorely missed.

Comment

I use the standard suzuki oil from the dealer. Put the bike on the centerstand. add the 3-4 quarts of oil and start the bike, and let it idle for a minute or so. then check the oil level in the window and add in 1/2 quart increments till full.
                Bling....

Comment

Yep 6 quarts with filter both times I changed it, well 5 1/2 anyways to the top of the window. 1995 Kat 600.

Comment

Originally posted by fireball 440 View Post
                    Mine holds 6 quarts and 10W-40 is stamped on the fill plug.
                    Must be a rare Cadillac Katana......
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Why would my Kat hold that much oil?

Comment

Are you sure the location it is sitting at is on level ground where you check it? Turn in 90 degrees then 180 degrees and see how the levels compare.
                        -2000 "750"

Comment

3.5 litres of Repsol 4T for me

'04 Kat 600
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            Ditto ^^ 6 quarts?!?
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                              Are you sure the location it is sitting at is on level ground where you check it? Turn in 90 degrees then 180 degrees and see how the levels compare.
                              On the kickstand on level ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X