X

Where is the Air/Fuel mixture know on 01 Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Air/Fuel mixture know on 01 Katana 600

Where is the AF mixture knob located on 01 Katana 600?
    2001 GSX600F Katana Yellow

Same place as the pre Kat, bottom front of the carb, may have a cap pressed over it. Carefully drill and remove the cap.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Carefully drill and remove the cap.
      CAREFULLY! ask me how I know...
      They are thin and drill fast and the plug on the other side is soft material.
      Hope you dont have to deal with them.

Comment

For optimal off idle response and better a/f mix on most katanas the mixture screws should be set around 2.25-2.5 turns out for a completely stock bike or one with slip on exhaust. With Ivan's kit, 3.5 to 4 turns. Because the Katana is oil cooled, that mixture must be a little richer than a water cooled bike because it takes more to keep engine temps down on our bikes (our bikes get hotter faster) verses one that uses coolant. I have a 2004 600 and when i was running only a slip on (everything else stock) i set the screws to 2.5 turns. Once I got the Ivans kit, screws went to 4 turns. Difference is night & day with the Ivans kit. Just saying.

Comment

He's correct. However, ONLY go to 4 turns out with an Ivan's jet kit. With a stock set up, Factory Pro, or DynoJunk, go to 2.5 turns out. It's critical.
          Originally posted by clevelandmanwhore View Post
          For optimal off idle response and better a/f mix on most katanas the mixture screws should be set around 2.25-2.5 turns out for a completely stock bike or one with slip on exhaust. With Ivan's kit, 3.5 to 4 turns. Because the Katana is oil cooled, that mixture must be a little richer than a water cooled bike because it takes more to keep engine temps down on our bikes (our bikes get hotter faster) verses one that uses coolant. I have a 2004 600 and when i was running only a slip on (everything else stock) i set the screws to 2.5 turns. Once I got the Ivans kit, screws went to 4 turns. Difference is night & day with the Ivans kit. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
          X