X

Where to stay in eastern ontario?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to stay in eastern ontario?

We are going to be doing as many twisty roads as we can between Barrys Bay and down towards Kingston on a 2 day trip. I would like some suggestions on what would be a good town to stay in [good pubs and cheap motels]. I was thinking Perth would be suitable. Any advice? After a long hard ride it is very important to stop in a town with a proper beer and food selection so the boys can re-live all the great roads

Sorry can't help you, not sure of that part of ON. But twisties? Where are these twisties you speak of???
    2002 750 Kat
    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

There is too many to list. If you look up Great Sportbike Roads Ontario you will see all of them on a map with ratings for both twistys and pavement quality. The road out of Calibogie is one of the best roads I have ever been on.

Comment

Well if thats the case there may be a weekend trip planned in the near future.
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

this road that is suppose to be so great. I only live a short way from there but have never been. But this was my first year riding so I'll have to do it next year. Everybody from Ottawa that rides goes there. http://www.themcdonalds.net/richard/...ogie_to_Lanark

Comment

We have a few good roads down this way.....a tad further south... you can ride in and out of Chatham on both sides of the Thames River out to Lighthouse Cove (some scarey shit if you lack skills)......and then the St.Clair River out of Wallaceburg towards Sarnia ( a relaxed ride at posted speeds). It would take you a full day.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Slofuze; 11-04-2014, 07:37 PM.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I might have to try that next summer Slofuse.
              I'm originally from Windsor and have been thinking about taking a trip down there on my bike. Also a good friend just moved to Highgate near Chatham and I should pay him a visit too. It would nice to take the scenic route instead of the flat and straight 401. yawn yawn.

Comment

Here is a good website showing some nice routes in the Ottawa Valley region.
                The ultimate motorcycle playground, Ride the Highlands is located in Ontario, Canada.

Comment

Working...
                X