X

oem wheels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oem wheels

are the oem wheels powdercoated or painted ?

no guessing - only if you know.
    tim

Paint
    1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
    2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
    Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

were u asking as a trivia question, or actually looking for the correct answer for a project?

Comment

Painted on the pre98's I am not sure with the 98+
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I can tell you mine were a bitch to strip. A few coats of aircraft stripper and steel wool on the machined lips...didn't even try the rough cast surfaces.
          Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
            were u asking as a trivia question, or actually looking for the correct answer for a project?
            project. i'm not going to strip them (chemical) unless i absolutely have to.
            the bead blaster guy said ($70 bucks/hr) paint will be off in like 15 minutes but if its PC it's a b$tch.

i gotta get the bearings pulled - today or tomorrow

here's a sneaky peaky

tim

Comment

I just did a Beadblast/powder coat on my 98+ front rim. Its paint, it shouldn't take to long at all.
              1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
              2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
              Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Took you longer than 15 minutes to do yours though!!! Paint with a clearcoat over it and it comes off pretty easy. I'll let you know how hard PC is to get off when I re-do my front!!
                sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                MSF Rider Coach 27028
                MoPowerSports.com
                Torco
                SoCalTrackDays

Comment

PC is tough....you won't be stripping a wheel in 15 min with glass bead if it is PC.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                    i gotta get the bearings pulled - today or tomorrow
                    Umm....why can't you do it yourself??? All you need is a small ball peen and a flat ended chisel. You don't pull them...you tap them out. Takes all of 2 minutes to do both.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Like Mojoe said, use the spacer to help get them out.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Yeah, you can even use a long flat blade screwdriver to tap them out. Yeah, PC will take me forever with the bead blaster!!! I'm not looking forward to it.
                        sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                        MSF Rider Coach 27028
                        MoPowerSports.com
                        Torco
                        SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Working...
                        X