X

Tires? HELP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires? HELP!

I need new tires ASAP. My bike barely passed inspection due to just that fact that they were so bald. I typically use my bike for just city riding, the longest distance I go is about 50 miles to school, but even then that's only once a week. I'm not into racing or anything like that, I strictly use my bike for just leisure riding. What is the best tire brand to get? Best website to buy them from? Any suggestions would be great!

If you don't ride your bike hard you could go with tomahawk t3's they are retreads and they are hard but they only cost about 140 shipped to your house from ebay
    02' Katana 600
    D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

go to www.ironpony.com and you can a pair of Continental for under 200.00(conti force) and they are great tires for the katana
      Last edited by JBLUE; 08-07-2008, 08:51 AM.
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Thanks! I keep reading on here about the Z6's.. what's the deal with those exactly? I see they run you about the same as the Continental at about $215 for a pair...
        I'd rather get a better tire, if the Z6's are, for the same if that's the case.

Comment

price:$141.95 for set of new Shinko Motorcycle Tires
          $18.00 ups ground
          total $159.95 not bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
            Thanks! I keep reading on here about the Z6's.. what's the deal with those exactly? I see they run you about the same as the Continental at about $215 for a pair...
            I'd rather get a better tire, if the Z6's are, for the same if that's the case.
            where can you get z6 for 215.00 please let me know they are both great tires with the conti force running far cheaper 186.00 at ironpony.com
            Last edited by JBLUE; 08-07-2008, 10:20 AM.
            sigpicAllan

Comment

On RonAyres.com my size tires are running at that price for the Z6. The front is $100.38 and the rear at $115.65, only $12 shipping! But I also think I found a Coupon COde through google. Do you think I'm better off paying a little more for the Z6 than the Conti Force on IronPony?

Comment

On RonAyres.com my size tires are running at that price for the Z6. The front is $100.38 and the rear at $115.65, only $12 shipping! But I also think I found a Coupon COde through google. Do you think I'm better off paying a little more for the Z6 than the Conti Force on IronPony?
                if you can get the z6 for that price go for it but the conti force is a great tire too you can not go wrong with either tire
                sigpicAllan

Comment

Comment

Ironpony is like 250....... ridedirect.com is 213.90

Comment

12 shipping on ea tire, the total shipped to your door about 237.00 for the cont force on ironpony total is about 207.00 shipped to door a 30.00 difference
                      sigpicAllan

Comment

I love my Z6's. I mostly just commute but on the weekends I go and tear up the twisties in the mountains. The Z6's stick very well and they seem to be lasting a good long time. I have about 3000 miles so far and there is a LOT more tread life. I've even been to the track one day with them. Never had a slip.
                        Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

While on the subject of tires..... I've thought about getting a wider one for the rear just for appearance sake. Is there any benefit to that??? My bike is stock (Metzeler Roadtec G6) so I'm not even sure how wide I can go. If it means getting a new rear rim I'll just leave things alone. Any thoughts?
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                            While on the subject of tires..... I've thought about getting a wider one for the rear just for appearance sake. Is there any benefit to that??? My bike is stock (Metzeler Roadtec G6) so I'm not even sure how wide I can go. If it means getting a new rear rim I'll just leave things alone. Any thoughts?
                            leave things alone, the widest tire without a issue is 160/60/17
                            sigpicAllan

Comment

I went out to check....the rear is 150/70 ZR17....... leave well enough alone?
                              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X