X

Bleeding brakes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding brakes?

Well I pulled my swingarm off and painted it. So now i need to bleed the rear brakes. Is the process the same as bleeding brakes on a car or are there special tricks? Thanks in advance.
    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
    www.bakerboyz.net

open the bleeder and let it flow. Gravity will take care of things. Keep the resvior topped off. Put a length of vacuum hose on the bleeder so you don't get fluid on the painted swing arm.
    Last edited by Kfreak; 04-12-2008, 09:25 PM.

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
      mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Thanx
        www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

The best "trick" I can think of is using a small syringe to pull air out from the caliper as you make sure to keep the reservoir filed.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
            The best "trick" I can think of is using a small syringe to pull air out from the caliper as you make sure to keep the reservoir filed.
            A different spin on the syringe thing - get one of those big turkey injector syringes and rig it up with some clear tubing that fits the caliper nipple, then inject fresh brake fluid into the caliper flushing up into the master cylinder. Just watch the level in the reservoir so you don't overflow it all over your bike.
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Yeah thats a good idea too. I got it all bled last night and the two wheels back on the ground. thanks for the help guys.
              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
              X