X

Front fender????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front fender????

How do I remove the front fender without removing the wheel? If I have to remove the wheel how do I support the bike? I don't have a center stand because that would make it to easy, lol.
    I tried removing the screws on top of the fender but the nuts underneath would just spin. Sorry for the stupid questions. Thanks.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

if the nuts just spin, grab them with something (8 or 10mm socket iirc).

I JUST removed it the other day to do forks, but I can't remember if it'd be 100% necessary to remove the wheel. If it is, it's not that hard, use a jack and a piece of wood under the engine to jack the bike up (SLOWLY, don't let it tip! ) and then remove the front wheel. My best advice is to lay everything that comes off the bike front axle on the side it came from, so you don't mix spacers and such up.
    Red 1988 600F

Comment

i also use the jack and center stand to remove the front wheel

Comment

front wheel does need to come off. you could always use ratchet straps to suspend your bike if you have a garage with strong beams or something of that sort. A few people have made stand for this purpose and have posted the plans.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Re: Front fender????

Originally posted by BLACKACIDEVIL
          How do I remove the front fender without removing the wheel? If I have to remove the wheel how do I support the bike? I don't have a center stand because that would make it to easy, lol.
          I tried removing the screws on top of the fender but the nuts underneath would just spin. Sorry for the stupid questions. Thanks.

BLACK,
          If you can find someone with realy small nimble hands, that fender can be removed and replaced without removing the wheel. They'll need to get under the fender with a wrench to hold the nuts. I replaced that original OEM fender with another the one your taking off when I had the bike.
          This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
          BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I removed my fender without taking off the wheel and I definitely don't have small nimble hands. That said, it was the biggest PIA and I hated every minute of it.

Long Live the D

Comment

its really not all that hard to remove the wheel.plus you can check out the axel brakes.

Comment

Alright I'll commit to getting it off the bike, lol. I just didn't feel like fooling with it yesterday.
                96 Katana 600
                97 4 door Blazer LT
                03 Honda Pilot EXL
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X